Welcome to inspiring and useful quotes of Ludwig Van Beethoven in honor of his birthday on or about December 16,1770 in the city of Bonn in the Electorate of Cologne, a principality of the Holy Roman Empire. Although his exact date of birth is uncertain, Beethoven was baptized on December 17,1770.
We will know something about him and his contribution to this world through his quotations. There are 45 Ludwig Van Beethoven Quotes.
Before we read the quotes, let us know about Ludwig Van Beethoven…..
Ludwig Van Beethoven is a German composer and pianist. He is considered as the best composer the world has ever produced. He has tremendously in the evolution of tonal music and believed to have introduced instrumental music into European culture.
Ludwig Van Beethoven’s father was an artist. He introduced Beethoven to music as he noticed his ability. His father helped him in getting a couple of extraordinary instructors at an early age. This helped and encouraged him to give his first stage performance at an early age of 7.
Ludwig Van Beethoven was a talented artist, he published his first major work ‘9 variations in C Minor for piano’ at an early age of 12 and was seen as the ‘young Mozart’ or ‘new Mozart’ by the majority. Then he moved to Vienna where he learned music from great composers like Joseph Hydn. This helped him to make many many remarkable contribution in music.
He started facing hearing problems at the age of 26. But this never affected his creativity and determination to make music. It is very much believed that during the premiere of ‘Ninth Symphony’,I.e. his last composition, Beethoven had become completely deaf. He was unable to hear the audience clapping.
Let us read 45 quotes….
- Music should strike fire from the heart of man, and bring tears from the eyes of woman. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable! ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- What you are, you are by accident of birth; what I am, I am by myself. There are and will be a thousand princes; there is only one Beethoven. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Music is like a dream. One that I can not hear. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- The guitar is a miniature orchestra in itself. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Don’t only practise your art, but force your way into its secrets; art deserves that for it and knowledge can raise man to the divine. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Music comes to me more readily than words. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Recommend virtue to your children; it alone, not money, can make them happy. I speak from experience. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Nothing is more intolerable than to have to admit to yourself your own errors. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- You ask me where I get my ideas. That I can not tell you with certainty. They come unsummoned, directly, indirectly- I could seize them with my hands – out in the open air, in the woods, while walking, in the silence of the nights, at dawn, excited by moods which are translated by the poet into words, by me into tones that sound and roar and storm about me till I have set them down in notes. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- I have never thought of writing for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out; that is the reason why I compose. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Only art and science can raise men to the level of God. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Hide your secret even from the closest friend; learn to be silent. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Art demands of us we shall not stand still. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Art always demands of us something new. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- In the world of art, as in the whole of creation, freedom and progress are the main objectives. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- No friend have I. I must live by myself alone; but I know well that God is nearer to me than others in my art, so I will walk fearlessly with Him. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- This is the mark of a really admirable man : steadfastness in the face of trouble. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- I will seize fate by the throat; it shall certainly never wholly overcome me. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- All my life I have regarded myself as one of Mozart’s greatest admirers, and I will remain one until my last breath. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Music is the wine which inspires one to need generative processes, and I am Bacchus who presses out this glorious wine for mankind and makes them spiritually drunken. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Music is the electric soil in which the spirit thinks, lives and invents. All that’s electrical stimulates the mind to flowing surging musical creation. I am electrical by nature. …LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- He who understand my music will remain free from the miseries that the other men are dragging with them. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- A great poet is the most precious jewel of a nation. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- I knew no other sign of superiority than Goodness. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- I wish you music to help with the burdens of life and to help you release your happiness to others. …. LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- I would rather write 10,000 notes than single letter of the alphabet. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Beethoven can write music , thank God, but he can do nothing else on earth. …. LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- I love a tree more than a man. …. LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- I only live in my music, and I have scarcely begun one thing when I start on another. As I am now working, I am often engaged on three or four things at the same time. …. LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- An artist is someone who has learned to trust in himself. …. LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- It seemed unthinkable for me to leave the world for ever before I had produced all that I felt called upon to produce. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- I must confess that I lead a miserable life. For almost two years, I have ceased to attend any social functions, just because I find it impossible to say to people. ‘ I am deaf’. If I had any other profession, I might be able to cope with my infirmity; but in my profession, it is a terrible handicap. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Only the pure of heart can make a good soup. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Love demands all, and has a right to all. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Never misjudge the most faithful heart of your beloved. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Anyone who tells a lie has not a pure heart, and can not make a good soup. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Even in poverty I lived like a king for I tell you that nobility is the thing that makes a king. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Never shall I forget the days I spent with you. Continue to be my friend, as you will always find me yours. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- The day – to – day exhausted me. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- Must it be? It must be. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN.
- Applaud my friends, the comedy is over. …( on his death bed )….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
- I can not bring myself to write for the flute, as this instrument is too limited and imperfect. ….LUDWIG VAN BEETHOVEN
Hope, you have liked the quotes and learned many things from the fertile and creative mind of Beethoven. He died on 26 March 1827, Vienna, Austria.
Beethoven remains one of the most admired composers in the history of Western music; his creative works rank amongst the most performed of the classical music repertoire and span the transition from the classical period to the Romantic era in classical music.
ALSO PLEASE READ…..