Welcome to Roger Federer Quotes inspires for success….
There are 44 Roger Federer quotes for you. These quotes will certainly inspire you for success. The tennis pundits, tennis fans and enthusiasts regard him as the greatest player of all time.
Roger Federer’s Achievement speaks for itself. He has an impressive collection of titles, awards on different types of tennis courts.
His achievements, his behavior and the ways he carries himself has helped him to be an idol and role-model for millions of tennis as well as other sports enthusiasts throughout the world.
Roger Federer is really an outstanding tennis player and humble human being.
Roger Federer was born on 8th August 1981 in Switzerland. From his childhood he had interest for various types of games and sports. He played badminton, basketball and tennis. Then, he decided to pursue tennis.
After turning pro in 1998, his performance was that impressive. For the first four years in the professional circuit, he was regarded as a mediocre player.
His turning point or breakthrough performance came in the year 2003. After this, he started dominating in the game of tennis.
Now let us go through the various achievements and details of Roger Federer with the help of Wikipedia….
Federer serving at 2009 Wimbledon
|Born||8 August 1981 (age 39)
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Plays||Right-handed (one-handed backhand)|
|Career record||1242–271 (82.1% in ATP Tour and Grand Slam main draw matches, Summer Olympics, Davis Cup and Laver Cup)|
|Career titles||103 (2nd in the Open Era)|
|Highest ranking||No. 1 (2 February 2004)|
|Current ranking||No. 4 (2 March 2020)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||W (2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2017, 2018)|
|French Open||W (2009)|
|Wimbledon||W (2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2017)|
|US Open||W (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)|
|Tour Finals||W (2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011)|
|Olympic Games||F (2012)|
|Career record||131–92 (58.7% in ATP Tour and Grand Slam main draw matches, and in Davis Cup)|
|Highest ranking||No. 24 (9 June 2003)|
|Grand Slam Doubles results|
|Australian Open||3R (2003)|
|French Open||1R (2000)|
|US Open||3R (2002)|
|Other doubles tournaments|
|Olympic Games||W (2008)|
|Davis Cup||W (2014)|
|Hopman Cup||W (2001, 2018, 2019)|
|Olympic medal record[hide]
|Last updated on: 1 March 2020.|
01. You have to put in a lot of sacrifice and effort for sometimes little reward but you have to know that if you put in the right effort the reward will come….ROGER FEDERER
02. It is always in my mind still that I can crush anybody. That’s not an issue. But I think that is the same for most athletes. If you don’t believe you can win tournaments any more then you can’t
do it. ….ROGER FEDERER
03. You always want to win. That is why you play tennis, because you love the sport and try to be the best you can at it. ….ROGER FEDERER
04. I have learnt to be more patient. ….ROGER FEDERER
05. We can’t always agree on everything. ….ROGER FEDERER
06. The serve, I was too young and too small and….not enough powerful to have a good serve when I was young, so my forehand was always my signature shot. So I used to always run around my backhand, you know, used my forehand as much as I could, and so that’s why I think it is my strength also today, you know. ….ROGER FEDERER
07. There is no way around hard work. Embrace it. You have to put in the hours because there is always something which you can improve. ….ROGER FEDERER
08. I fear no one, but respect everyone. ….ROGER FEDERER
09. When you do something best in life, you don’t really want to give that up – and for me it’s tennis. ….ROGER FEDERER
10. “Once you find that peace, that peace of peace and quiet, harmony and confidence, that’s when you start playing your best.” ….ROGER FEDERER
11. I think it is very hard for coaches to work with me. They will no doubt have a good CV afterwards, but at the same time they are under lot of pressure. ….ROGER FEDERER
12. Sometimes you have to accept that a guy played better on the day than you. ….ROGER FEDERER
13. I used to get nervous you know if my parents would come to watch. And then I would get nervous if my friends came and watched. Today it’s not a problem anymore actually, because now I enjoy it. I see that they, you know, respect me immensely, and I try to put on a good show and that I can still play very good tennis. ….ROGER FEDERER
14. I have always been aware that the image you patiently construct for an entire career can be ruined in a minute. It scares you a bit, but that’s the way the things are. ….ROGER FEDERER
15. You have to believe in the long term plan you have but you need the short term goals to motivate and inspire you. ….ROGER FEDERER
16. There was a time where some players didn’t believe they could beat the top guys. So may be there is a little bit of a thing happening at the moment. I am happy about that, that players believe they can beat the best on the biggest courts in the biggest matches. ….ROGER FEDERER
17. What I think I have been able to do well over the years is play with pain, play with problems, play with all sorts of conditions.
18. Previously I always thought it was just tactical and technique, but every match has become almost mental and physical – I try to push myself to move well. I try to push myself not to get upset and stay positive, and that’s what my biggest improvement is overall those years. Under pressure I can see things very clear. ….ROGER FEDERER
19. I always believe if you are stuck in a hole and may be things aren’t going well you will come out stronger. Everything in life is this way. ….ROGER FEDERER
20. I am now the Wimbledon champion, and I think that gives me even more confidence coming to the Olympics. And may be some ways, it may take some pressure off the Olympics, because I already did win a Wimbledon this year. ….ROGER FEDERER
21. I am a very positive thinker, and I think that is what helps me the most in difficult moments. ….ROGER FEDERER
22. This year I guess I decided in the bigger matches to take it more to my opponent instead of waiting a bit more for the mistakes. Yeah, this is I guess how you want to win Wimbledon, is by going after your shots, believing you can do it, and that’s what I was able to do today. ….ROGER FEDERER
23. I always knew I had something special. ….ROGER FEDERER
24. I have practiced so much. ….ROGER FEDERER
25. The one thing you can do for sure is push the luck on your side. ….ROGER FEDERER
26. I love tennis! I have always felt like this because it is such a classy sport with a great, competitive flair to it. ….ROGER FEDERER
27. I have two lives, and all the problems I might have, I feel like I drop them once I step on to the match court. ….ROGER FEDERER
28. I am not playing to prove anything to journalists. I am playing for myself, for my fans, to make people happy. ….ROGER FEDERER
29. I always look at the long term. ….ROGER FEDERER
30. A man who wins is a man who thinks he can. ….ROGER FEDERER
31. When you are good at something, make that everything. ….ROGER FEDERER
32. I always had the dream. ….ROGER FEDERER
33. I don’t play for the record books. ….ROGER FEDERER
34. You always want to win. That is why you play tennis because you love the sport and try to be the best you can at it. ….ROGER FEDERER
35. My dad said if you become a tennis professional just make sure you get into the top hundred, because you have to make a little bit of money. You make a living so you can pay your coaching and, you know, your travels. ….ROGER FEDERER
36. When I was in 2003, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would win Wimbledon and have my kids seeing me lift the trophy, so this is pretty surreal. And yeah, I was almost soft in the moment that it all came together so nicely. ….ROGER FEDERER
37. I enjoyed the position I was in as a tennis player. I was to blame when I lost. I was to blame when I won. And I really like that because I played soccer a lot too, and I couldn’t stand it when I had to blame it on the goalkeeper. ….ROGER FEDERER
38. Being a husband is for me as big a priority as being a father. ….ROGER FEDERER
39. Obviously, matches and all that stuff takes its toll on your body and so forth. But as you get sort of a bit older, a bit wiser, and a bit more experienced, you know also how to handle it. ….ROGER FEDERER
40. I am extremely proud and honoured to have beaten Pele’s record as he was my childhood hero and I have always look up to him. ….ROGER FEDERER
41. I always had the dream that, once I became No. 1 in the world, that if I had a child I hoped I would have it early enough so the child can see me playing. ….ROGER FEDERER
42. Early in my career, I struggled with consistency, but I couldn’t get more consistent than this year. ….ROGER FEDERER
43. Before, I guess, mom and dad were everything, but now, in my case, I had two new girls and all of a sudden they are completely dependent on you and there is a third generation. It’s funny shift all of a sudden. You have the babies, you have yourself then you have your parents. ….ROGER FEDERER
44. I can’t stay No. 1 for fifty years, you know. We will see what happens. ….ROGER FEDERER
Going through all the quotes of Roger Federer, it can be very well concluded that he made a lot of sacrifice and put in lot of hard work and effort to reach this position as an all time great player of Tennis.
He had lot of love for this game of tennis. He always believed that he can win tournaments. He had the required killer instinct and wanted to be the best in the world.
In the process of playing tournament after tournaments, he learnt to be more patient.
Roger Federer made his long term as well as short term goals to motivate and inspire himself and wanted to achieve them.
He was very much conscious of the image he has built up through the game. He never wanted to spoil it.
He was always a positive thinker and pro-active. He gave due importance to his family and his career.
He is an exemplary player, who has struggled with injuries but kept his calm to recover well and worked hard to regain his top position.
Also we all can appreciate his philanthropic activities. It is very much praiseworthy that he personally visits areas hit by natural calamities.
Roger Federer is known for organizing and taking part in fund raising activities and charity. He has proved himself to be gem of a player and a person.
He has won 20 Grand Slam Men’s Singles Titles, and all-time record which he shares with Rafael Nadal from Spain.
Really, his scores are inspiring and teaches us many lessons how to reach our goals and grab success.
Emphatically it can be said that Roger Federer Quotes Inspires For Success.
Also Please Read:-