Welcome to Population Quotes. It is a well known fact that population grows at geometric ratio and food production grows at arithmetic ratio. This is a matter of great concern. Through Population Quotes we will try to understand this important matter.
Therefore, to raise awareness of global population issues, we have to understand the importance of family planning, poverty, gender equality ,maternal health and human rights etc.
To tackle the population problem and to have an awareness drive, we observe World Population Day. This day is observed on July11every year.
The event was established by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Program in 1989.
As on June2021,the current world population is 7.9 Billion. Let us know the previous milestones of world population.
- 1 Billion in 1804
- 2 Billion in 1930
- 3 Billion in 1960
- 4 Billion in 1974
- 5 Billion in 1987
- 6 Billion in 1999
- 7 Billion in 2011
Again, let me highlight the figure of 7.9 Billion as on June 2021.
According to the highest estimate, the world population may rise to 16 Billion by 2100. Population explosion is a big problem of this world. The world can not take the burden of overpopulation. There will be poverty in the world. Due to poverty, many other problems will crop up. Better we understand more about population and population problem through relevant population quotes.
- Population, when unchecked, goes on doubling itself every 25 years or increases in a geometric ratio. …THOMAS MALTHUS
- Once it was necessary that the people should multiply and be fruitful if the race was to survive. But now to preserve the race it is necessary that people hold back the power of propagation. …HELEN KELLER
- Yet food is something that is taken for granted by most world leaders despite the fact that more than half of the population of the world is hungry. …NORMAN BORLAUG
- The combination of population growth and the growth in consumption is a danger that we are not prepared for and something we will need global co-operation on. …MAURICE STRONG
- The power of population is definitely greater than the power in the earth to produce subsistence for man. …THOMAS MALTHUS
- Child labour perpetuates poverty, unemployment, illiteracy, population growth and other social problems. …KAILASH SATYARTHI
- Close to billion people-one-eighth of the world’s population- still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is happening at a time when doctors in Britain are warning of the spread of obesity. We are eating too much while others starve. …JONATHAN SACK
- Democracy can not survive over population. Human dignity can not survive it. Convenience and decency can not survive it. As you put more and more people into the world, the value of the life not only declines, but it disappears. It doesn’t matter if someone dies. …ISSAC ASIMOV
- The wealthy nation and wealthy consumers have, of course, the greatest impact, but sheer numbers to count. There are ways that we can stabilize the human population without unpleasantly imposed restrictions, namely with universal women’s rights, education and available contraception. …REX WEYLES, Green Peace Co- Founder
- Over population is a root problem of all the environmental issues. If you can control the population, you can control almost anything. …RINKESH KUKREJA, Founder-Conserve Energy Future
- Population growth is straining the Earth’s resources to the breaking point and educating girls is the single most important factor in stabilizing that. That, plus helping women gain political and economic power and safeguarding their reproductive rights. …AL GORE
- If we do not voluntarily bring population growth under control in the next one or two decades, the nature will do it for us in the most brutal way, whether we like it or not. …HENRY W. KENDALL
- Population growth is the primary source of environmental damage. …JACQUES YVES COUSTEAU
- The key thing you can do to reduce population growth is actually improve health. …BILL GATES
- Over consumption and over population underlie every environmental problem we face today. …JACQUES YVES COUSTEAU
- By improving health, empowering women, population growth comes down. … BILL GATES
- Short of nuclear war itself, population growth is the gravest issue the world faces. If we do not act, the problem will be solved by famine, riots, insurrection and war. …ROBERT Mc NAMARA
- Of course I know our economic growth can’t match our population growth so of course I know we’ll all get poorer until we get that number down- don’t tell me, tell the other idiots! …BERNARD CHIDZERO
- The superior power of population cannot be checked without producing misery or vice. …THOMAS MALTHUS
- If we don’t halt the population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity- and will leave a ravaged world. …HENRY W. KENDALL
- Over population in various countries has become a serious threat to the health of the people and a grave obstacle to any attempt organize peace on this planet. …ALBERT EINSTEIN
- In a saturated population life is always cheap. …JACK LONDON
- Population pressure is the ultimate cause of every war. …ALEXEI PANSHIN
- Real problem is not population, but what the population is doing. …RADHANATH SWAMI
- We all worry about the population explosion, but we don’t worry about it at the right time. …ART HOPPE
- Population made large populations possible; large populations now make technology indispensable. …JOSEPH WOOD KRUTCH
- The population problem has no technical solution; therefore, population growth must eventually equal zero. …GARRETT HARDIN
- A finite world can support a finite population; there fore, population growth must eventually equal zero. …GARRETT HARDIN
- Every segment of our population , and every individual, has a right to expect from Government a fair deal. …HARRY S. TRUMAN
- A population that does not take care of the elderly and of children and the young has no future, because it abuses both memory and its promise. …POPE FRANCIS
- It is common knowledge now that we depend on insects for our continued existence; that, without key pollinators, the human population would collapse in less than a decade. …JOHN BURNDSIDE
- Rapid population growth and technological innovation, combined with our lack of understanding about how the natural systems of which we are a part of work, have created a mess. …DAVID SUZUKI
- A successful society is characterized by a rising living standard for its population, increasing investment in factories and basic infrastructure, and the generation of additional surplus, which is invested in generating new discoveries in science and technology…. ROBERT TROUT
- Population growth and development place additional stress on Nation’s water infrastructure and its ability to sustain hard- was water quality gains. …JERRY COSTELLO
- In the years to come, the combination of climate change and population growth could have a devastating effect on the planet and, needless to say, on humanity. …NATHANIEL PHILBRICK
- I would be absolutely astounded if population growth and industrialization and all the stuff we are pumping into the atmosphere hadn’t changed the climatic balance. Of course, it has. There is no valid argument for denial. …DAVID ATTENBOROUGH
- The world that you and I live in is increasingly challenged. Population growth,pollution, over- consumption, unsustainable patterns, social conflict, climate change, loss of nature….these are not good stories. …JACK DANGERMOND
- City farming is not only possible, it is the very definition of the kind of meaningful, sustainable innovation we will need to meet the grand challenges of the 21st century: climate change; population growth, ageing population, urbanization, rising demand for energy, food and water, poverty, and access to health care. …FANS van HOUTEN
- Think of the Earth as a living organism that is being attacked by billions of bacteria whose number double every 40 years. Either the host dies, or the virus dies, or both die. ….GORE VIDAL
- Unlike plagues of the dark ages or contemporary diseases we do not understand, the modern plague of overpopulation is soluble by means we have discovered and with resources we possess. What is lacking is not sufficient knowledge of the solution but universal consciousness of the gravity of the problem and education of the billions who are its victim. ….MARTIN LUTHER KING JUNIOR
- Our population is headed for a stable plateau which means an aging population. ….EMANUEL CELLER
- Population needs to be stabilized for sustainable development. ….ATAL BEHARI VAJPAYEE
- Almost half of the population of the world lives in rural areas and mostly in a state of poverty. Such inequalities in human development have been one of the primary reasons for unrest, in some parts of the world, even violence. ….A P J ABDULKALAM
In conclusion it can be said that the biggest challenge of the world is the exponentially rising population. The world has to find out solutions,otherwise, many more problems will crop up. This is the main reason to celebrate World Population Day on 11th July every year.
It should be our endeavor to educate the whole population about the consequences of rampant population growth. It is necessary that the people understand the effect it can have on the environment and the development of the world.
Hope, the Population Quotes have helped you to understand this important problem in a better way.
ALSO PLEASE READ…
(Please Note:- This website ranks on many Motivational Quotes related to sports persons, celebrities and thinkers of this world in English and Hindi languages. You will find many famous English poems translated into Hindi language. Also there are many poems written and published in English, Hindi and Odia languages by me. I request you to please read them and give your valuable comments and suggestions .)