Welcome to Human Rights Poems On Human Rights Day. To honour Human Rights Day; which is celebrated on 10th December every year, I have written two poems on Human Rights. I have also added few quotations on Human Rights for better understanding of this vital topic.
Before we go deeper into the topic and read the poems and quotations, it will be appropriate to know the following from the internet….
- Dictionary Meaning Of Human Right
- What Are The Meaning Of Human Rights?
- What Are Human Rights?
- Human Rights From Wikipedia
Let us know about the above things one after the other….
DICTIONARY MEANING OF HUMAN RIGHT:-
When used as Noun….
Plural noun: human rights
a right which is believed to belong to every person
“ a flagrant disregard for basic human rights”
WHAT ARE THE MEANING OF HUMAN RIGHTS?
Human Rights are the basic rights and freedoms that belong to every person in the world, from birth until death….These basic rights are , are based on shared values like dignity, fairness, equality, respect and independence. These values are defined and protected by law.
WHAT ARE HUMAN RIGHTS?
Human rights recognizes the inherent value of each person, regardless of his background, where he lives, how he looks like, what he thinks or what he believes.
Human rights are based on principles of dignity, equality and mutual respect. These are shared across all cultures, religious and philosophies. They clearly emphasize that people should be treated fairly and one should have the ability to make genuine choices in daily lives.
Respecting humans and respect for human rights is the cornerstone strong communities in which everyone can make some contribution and feel included.
HUMAN RIGHTS FROM WIKIPEDIA:-
Human rights are moral principles or norms for certain standards of human behaviour and are protected in municipal and international law. ( Wikipedia )
Now. We will read the poems, then we will go for the Human Rights Quotes and end the post with Conclusion.
( 1 )
TO GIVE MEANINGFUL HUMAN RIGHTS
Discrimination, inequality and poverty
Something or the other is seen
Some where or even every where.
Violence, crimes or wars in new forms
Are the added burden
Prevailing almost every where.
Please tell…. Please show….
Where is the right atmosphere for human rights?
How much free, how much just?
How much peaceful our world is?
We hear very well
Very well we hear
We know very well
Very well we know about….
Right to equality
Right to life, liberty, personal security
Freedom from torture and degrading treatment
Right to recognition as a person before the law.
Alas! Painful!! Alas!!!
The poor can not experience and enjoy these rights properly
The poor can not feel and appreciate these rights properly
They are so poor, they can not ask
Why they are not getting all these rights.
We all see, we all know
The threat to justice is increasing
It is increasing every where.
Injustice is not under control
It is increasing everywhere
Tell us please – tell us
Who is taking care?
Who should take care?
Who should be concerned and take care?
Let us be very clear
No blame game here
Let us not forget that we deal with human beings
They have life, flesh and blood
They have hopes and aspirations
They are part and parcel of this society.
Alas! Painful! Alas!
They are not confident
They are not strong enough
The poor, the beneficiary…don’t know
Whom to ask for justice
We all, today or tomorrow
Have to give answer
Really, we have to go a long way
In the rightful way
To give human rights
To give meaningful human rights.
( 2 )
TO PROTECT DIGNITY AND IDENTITY OF HUMAN BEINGS
When we are born as human being
Certain rights are inherent for us
They are the basic rights and universal in nature
No government, no organization and no individual
Has the authority to take away human rights from us.
When we are born as human being
We are born with basic rights like
Life, health, freedom, justice
And protection against exploitation and crime.
Sorry – Very sorry
Many of these rights are violated
Violated by individuals, police force,military force
And even by the Government itself.
We are born as human being
Sorry – many are not treated as human being
It is shocking to find that
Human rights are violated at International level too
Such offenses are needed to be curbed
United Nations adapted Universal Declaration of Human Rights
It was declared on 10th December 1948
We call this Human Rights Day
Let us all treat human beings as human beings
Follow the human rights
To protect dignity and identity of human beings.
Now, it’s the time for ….
HUMAN RIGHTS QUOTATIONS:-
- We declare that human rights are for all of us, all the time: no matter our class, our opinions, our sexual orientation…. BAN KI – MOON ( Former U.N. Secretary General )
- The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened….JOHN F KENNEDY
- There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest…. ELIE WESEL
- To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity. …. NELSON MANDELA
- A right delayed is a right denied. ….MARTIN LUTHER KING Jr.
- There can be no peace without development, no development without peace, and no lasting peace or sustainable development without respect for human rights and the rule of law. ….JAN ELIASSON ( Former U N Deputy Secretary General )
- When you deprive of their rights to live in dignity, to hope for a better future, to have control over their lives, when you deprive them of that choice, then you expect them to fight for those rights. ….QUEEN RANIA AL ABDOULLAH OF JORDAN
- Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where the people are fed, and where individuals and nations are free. ….14th DALAI LAMA
- Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, Don’t give up the fight. ….BOB MARLEY, Jamaican Singer
- When we achieve human rights and human dignity for all people – they will build a peaceful, sustainable, and just world. ….ANTONIO GUTERRS
- Privacy is not for sale, and human rights should not be compromised out of fear or greed. ….PAVEL DUROV
- Human rights are not only violated by terrorism, repression or assassination, but also by unfair economic structures that creates huge inequalities. ….POPE FRANCIS
- The United Nations has critical role to play in promoting stability, security, democracy human rights, and economic development. The UN is as relevant today as at any time in it’s history, but it needs reform. ….CHUCK HAGEL
- Freedom is a timeless value. The United Nations Charter calls for encouraging respect for fundamental freedoms. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights mentions freedom more than twenty times. All countries have committed to protecting individual freedoms on paper – but in practice, too many break their pledge. ….BAN KI – MOON
- Liberty, freedom and democracy are very fuzzy words, but human rights is very specific. ….JOICHI ITO
- Joy is found when you focus your energy on improving dignity, human capacity and human values. ….AMIT RAY
- Our hopes for a more just, safe, and peaceful world can only be achieved when there is universal respect for the inherent dignity and equal rights of all members of human family. ….PHUMZILE MIAMBO – NGCUKA
- Human rights is the soul of our foreign policy, because human rights is the very soul of our sense of nation hood. ….JIMMY CARTER
- It is the purpose of government to see that not only the legitimate interests of the few are protected but that the welfare and rights of the many are conserved. ….FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT
- Human rights must work to uplift human dignity. ….RODRIGO DUTERTE
- A right is not what someone gives you; it’s what no one can take from you. ….RAMSEY CLARK
Hope, you have liked the post Human rights poems on Human rights day along with Human rights quotes.
You all will agree that human beings should lead a dignified life anywhere in this world, even though he or she may be of any caste, creed or religion. No one should abuse anyone. No one should be discriminated against. Everyone should have the opportunity and chance to develop their talents. Each and every individual around the world should have basic rights and freedoms and live happily as a human being .
ALSO PLEASE READ…