Welcome to Short Poems On World Heart Day just to celebrate and honour World Heart Day which falls on 29th September every year. The main aim is to improve awareness, prevention and management of CVD ( Cardio Vascular Disease ) globally. It is alarming to know that among all the Non Communicable diseases ( NCD ) around the world, death due to CVD ( Cardio Vascular Disease ), including Heart Disease and Stroke accounts for more than 18.6 million lives each year. And this has become the leading cause of death in the world.
I have shown my concern about the Cardio Vascular Diseases and expressed my feelings through seven Short Poems with different titles which are given below….
Before we read and enjoy the Short Poems on Heart, better we understand some important facts or matters related to Heart as given below from internet….
- Dictionary Meaning Of Heart
- Simple Definition Of Heart
- Definition Of Human Heart
- The Main Function Of the Heart
Now, let us understand or know one by one…
DICTIONARY MEANING OF HEART:-
When used as Noun-
- a hollow muscular organ that pumps the blood through circulatory system by rhythmic contraction and dilation. In vertebrates there may be up to four chambers ( as in humans ), with two atria and two ventricles
- the central or innermost part of something
“right in the heart of the city”
Similar Words- center, middle, hub. kernel, nucleus, eye
SIMPLE DEFINITION OF HEART:-
The Heart is a muscular organ about the size of a fist, located just behind and slightly left of the breast bone. The heart pumps blood through the network of arteries and veins called the cardio vascular system.
DEFINITION OF HUMAN HEART:-
The human heart is an organ that pumps blood throughout the body via circulatory system, supplying oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and removing carbon dioxide and other wastes
THE MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE HEART:-
Following are the main functions of the heart…
- Pumping oxygenated blood to the other body parts.
- Pumping hormones and other vital substances to different parts of the body.
- Receiving de-oxygenated blood and carrying metabolic waste products from the body and pumping it to the lungs for oxygenation.
- Maintaining blood pressure
WORLD HEART DAY:-
World Heart Day is celebrated on 29th September every year. It is celebrated to spread awareness about the cardiovascular disease which causes nearly half of all the non-communicable diseases in the world.
In May 2012, world leaders committed themselves to reduce the deaths caused due to non-communicable diseases by 25% by 2025.
According to the information of World Health Organization ( WHO ), cardiovascular diseases takes the life of 17.9 million people every year, and this is 31% of all the global deaths.
MEANING OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE:-
A type of disease that affects the heart or blood vessels. The risk of certain cardiovascular diseases may be increased by smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, unhealthy diet, lack of exercise and obesity.
THE MOST COMMON CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES:-
- Heart Attack- A heart or mayocardial infarction, usually tops the list of cardiovascular diseases in the United States- statistically and anecdotally…
- Stroke- A stroke occurs when the blood supply to part of your brain is interrupted or reduced, preventing the brain tissue from getting oxygen and nutrients. A stroke is a medical emergency. Symptoms of stroke include…a) Sudden onset of weakness or numbness on one side of the body. b) Sudden speech difficulty or confusion. c) Sudden difficulty in seeing in one eye or both eyes. d) Sudden onset of dizziness, trouble walking or less of balance. e) Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
- Heart Failure- Heart failure is a chronic progressive condition in which the heart muscle is unable to pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs for blood and oxygen. Basically, the heart can’t keep up with the work load. Symptoms include… shortness of breath, fatigue, swollen legs and rapid heartbeat. Treatment can include… eating less salt, limiting fluid intake and taking prescription medication. In some cases a defibrillator or pacemaker may be implanted.
- Arrhythmia- A condition in which the heart beats with an irregular or abnormal rhythm. Improper beating of the heart, whether irregular, too fast or too slow.
- Heart Valve Complications- Heart Valve disease can cause many complications including -Heart failure, Stroke, Blood clots, Heart rhythm abnormalities
CAUSES OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE:-
- High blood pressure- High BP ( hypertension ) is one of the most important risk factor for CVD.
- Smoking and other other tobacco use is also a significant risk for CVD.
- High cholesterol
- Being overweight or obese
- Family background of CVD
- Ethnic background
Hope, we have learned the important matters related to Heart and CVD. Now we can enjoy the poems expressed in simple English…
( SHORT POEMS )
Short Poem Heart Matters
Really matters a lot
Don’t take heart matters lightly
You may have to pay it dearly.
Short Poem Heart
Heart comes to limelight and spotlight
When some one falls in love
Heart is the matter of great concern
When some one hates something or some one very badly
When some one is angry dangerously
He hurts the hurt certainly.
Short Poem My Heart
My heart understands me
I understand my heart
We are friends
We have to prove we are smart
We are made for each other
We bring success for each other.
Short Poem Heart and Mind
Heart may hurt you
Heart may bring solace to you
One day, a fight was there between heart and mind
Heart won over the fight
Mind did not mind for his defeat
Mind allowed the heart to take the credit.
Heart convinced mind that it was not his defeat
Heart convinced mind that it was not my win
The joint effort, co-ordination and right decision always should win
Heart and Mind should never fight
They should jointly lose or win.
Short Poem Please Think Over….
Please think over…
If you don’t have
A healthy heart
If you don’t have
A healthy and balanced head
Tell me please…
What type of life can you lead?
Just please think over….
How can your life be useful and great
How can your life be useful and satisfying
Please think over….
Try for a practical heart a healthy heart
Try for a balanced and level headed head
Take pain, you will certainly gain.
Poem Health is Wealth
Oh God! On this World Heart Day
May I pray you on behalf of all
May I request you on behalf of all
Oh God! Give healthy heart to one and all.
There should be no murmuring of heart
No hole in the heart
Everybody should be born with a great heart
The heart should be hale and hearty
Give a full heart, a complete healthy heart
To one and all.
Oh God! Don’t allow people to spoil their heart
Restrict them-make them understand
The importance of heart in our life
Make them understand
The bad effect of drinking, smoking
Taking betel nut/paan, gutkha or other drugs.
Oh God! Teach them/ people to appreciate food
Advice them to eat healthy
Encourage them to do required exercise regularly
For their healthy body, healthy heart, mind and soul
Make them cautious enough
To take care of the whole body.
Oh God! Tell them to realize
Oh God! Make them realize
What does it mean to have
A weak heart, unhealthy heart
Or to have a heartless heart in a body
God! Ask them what is the use of such a body?
God! How can we call it a body at all!
God! You only say God…
Life is not only to enjoy oneself
Our life should help many more to enjoy themselves
Therefore, give healthy and useful heart to everybody
Teach everybody to take care of their heart everyday.
Oh God! You know, very well you know
Maximum number of people die due to CVD( Cardio Vascular Disease )
Who is responsible for this?
I dare not blame you
I only can blame the people, the individuals
Who don’t take care of themselves.
Oh God! On this World Health Day
May I request you….
Please make everybody understand and realize
To keep their heart healthy
God ! Advice everybody
You can also instruct everybody….
They should take care of their heart…
They should cut down on salt
Eat less sugar also
They should limit saturated fat
Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables
They should go for more fish
Certainly, should quit smoking
Consume less alcohol
No alcohol should be the best
They should do more exercise
Certainly keep their weight down
Never allow stress to come in
Should keep stress away
Get good quality sleep
Go for regular health screening
Control cholesterol and blood pressure
God! We need healthy heart, healthy body and healthy mind
Health is wealth- everybody should bear in mind
Oh God! With your help
Let us together reduce death due to CVD
Together we can make it.
Now, it is very clear that World Heart Day is an international campaign to spread awareness about heart disease and stroke prevention. The big aim is to improve health globally. This can be done by encouraging people to make lifestyle changes and promoting education, information and knowledge about ways to be good to our heart. Looking into obesity, poor diet and physical inactivity in children and youth, the importance of heart care has increased.
More than 90 countries participate in the celebration of World Heart Day each year. Due to international effort World Health Day has proved an effective method for spreading information about cardiovascular health.
During this campaign individuals, families, communities and governments around the world participate in activities to take charge of their heart health and that of others.
Hope, you have gathered some information and enjoyed the poems. Please give your feedback.
Also Please Read…