Welcome to Gratitude Poems With Quotations. I have written five Gratitude Poems and there are 50 Quotations to understand and appreciate this important human quality.
Gratitude is a beautiful feeling appreciated by all. It is a feeling to be grateful for an act of kindness done onto you by someone. This is a beautiful way of enriching our lives. It has been scientifically proven that when we express our gratefulness to other people, we feel happier and calmer. This feeling or quality has lot of impact on individual, family and also on our society.
The five Gratitude poems that I have written has the following titles….
- Be Grateful – Be Happy
- Make It A Habit
- I Enjoy My Life
- Let Us Not Forget
- To Be A Man Of Substance
Before we read the Gratitude poems and Gratitude quotations, better we understand more more about gratitude with the help from internet on the following important points….
- Dictionary Meaning Of Gratitude
- True Meaning Of Gratitude
- Meaning Of Gratitude From Wikipedia
- Importance Of Gratitude
Let us start one by one….
DICTIONARY MEANING OF GRATITUDE:-
When used as Noun
the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
“she expressed her gratitude to the committee for their support”.
Similar Words – gratefulness, thankfulness, thanks, appreciation, recognition etc.
TRUE MEANING OF GRATITUDE:-
Gratitude means thanks and appreciation….Gratitude which rhymes with “attitude”, comes from the Latin word gratus, which means “thankful pleasing” when you feel gratitude, you’re pleased by what some one did for you and also pleased by the results. Unlike indebtedness, you’re not anxious about having to pay it back.
MEANING OF GRATITUDE FROM WIKIPEDIA:-
Gratitude, thankfulness or gratefulness, from the Latin word gratus “pleasing thankful”, is a feeling of appreciation ( or positive response ) felt by the recipient of kindness, gifts, help, favors, or others types of generosity, to the giver of the said gifts.
IMPORTANCE OF GRATITUDE:-
Gratitude is a thankful appreciation for what an individual receives, whether tangible or intangible, with gratitude people acknowledge the goodness in their lives…. Gratitude helps people feel more positive emotions, relish good experiences, improve their health, deal with adversity, and build strong relationships.
Now, let us read the poems….
( POEMS )
( 1 )
BE GRATEFUL – BE HAPPY
Be happy about your success
Feel proud about your success
But, please always think….
How many have contributed for your success
Directly or indirectly.
It will always be better…
When eating fruits
Let us remember the one who planted the tree.
Let us be grateful – Let us be happy
Let us give thanks to all those who rightfully deserve it.
When we give thanks, show our gratitude and acknowledge our gratefulness and indebtedness
We really feel that we have done our duty
We feel happy, light hear-ted too.
It really adds a different beauty to our personality
It makes us unique in this world of reality
Let us be grateful – Let us be happy.
( 2 )
MAKE IT A HABIT
Make it a habit to give thanks
Give thanks to people wholeheartedly
You will gather more friends
Enmity will melt away surely.
( 3 )
I ENJOY MY LIFE
I am grateful – I am happy
I enjoy my life
I am in free mind
I enjoy my life.
Yes – Being loyal and showing gratitude
Are my normal habit
This helps me a lot
I enjoy my life.
I am really grateful
For what all I have
What I don’t have
I don’t bother much
I just enjoy my life.
( 4 )
LET US NOT FORGET
Let us not forget….
To show our gratitude
To those who have touched our human feelings
Who have helped us to understand our worthy self
And lighted the flame within us
To go in the right way.
Let us not forget….
To focus on the strength of our life
Also to decrease the weaknesses of our life
But, always try to step forward and forward
To achieve something better and useful in life everyday.
( 5 )
TO BE A MAN OF SUBSTANCE IN LIFE
Nobody should forget that man is a social animal
Man can not do everything alone
Man can not enjoy everything alone.
Help, co-operation, co-ordination of others is must for growth and prosperity
Let us show our gratitude for whatever we received from others
Let us also show our gratitude for whatever we have achieved so far.
Let us not cry for what we don’t have
In the past many have helped us
At present many may be co – operating directly or indirectly
The future can be bright when people will encourage and help
If we thank, people will think about us
If we thank, people will thank us too
Attitude of gratitude will help us
To go a long way in the right direction
To be a man of substance in life.
( GRATITUDE QUOTES )
- Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others. ….MARCUS TULLIUS CICERO
- Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. …. WILLIAM ARTHUR WARD
- Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. ….MELODY BEATTIE
- Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind. ….LIONEL HAMPTON
- No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude. ….ALFRED NORTH WHITEHEAD
- ‘Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding. ….ALICE WALKER
- Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you. ….EILEEN CADDY
- Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. ….BRIAN TRACY
- Gratitude is one of the strongest and most trans-formative states of being. It shifts your perspective from lack to abundance and allows you to focus on the good in your life, which in turn pulls more goodness into your reality. ….JEN SINCERO
- Always have an attitude of gratitude. ….STERLING K. BROWN
- Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone. ….GERTRUDE STEIN
- Live a life full of humility, gratitude, intellectual curiosity, and never stop learning. ….GZA
- Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse. ….HENRY VAN DYKE
- One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings. The curriculum is so much necessary raw material, but warmth is the vital element for the growing plant and for the soul of the child. ….CARL JUNG
- We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean… and we were taught to value everyone’s contribution and treat everyone with respect. …. MICHELLE OBAMA
- Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have , the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for. …. ZIG ZIGLAR
- Gratitude is the riches. Complaint is poverty. …. DORIS DAY
- Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy. …. JACQUES MARITAIN
- Happiness itself is a kind of gratitude. ….JOSEPH WOOD KRUTCH
- Gratitude is not a limited resource, nor is it costly. It is abundant as air. We breathe it in but forget to exhale. …. MARSHALL GOLDSMITH
- Nature’s beauty is a gift that cultivates appreciation and gratitude. …. LOUIE SCHWARTZBERG
- When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in. …. KRISTIN ARMSTRONG
- Everything we do should be a result of our gratitude for what God has done for us. …. LAURYN HILL
- Gratitude is the sign of noble soul. …. AESOP
- Happiness itself is a kind of gratitude. …. JOSEPH WOOD KRUTCH
- When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. A person can almost be defined by his or her attitude toward gratitude. …. ELIE WIESEL
- Of all the characteristics needed for both a happy and morally decent life, none surpasses gratitude. Grateful people are happier, and grateful people are more morally decent. …. DENNIS PRAGER
- Gratitude is one of the greatest gifts we can give. And it’s not a gift we often give to children. We expect it of them, but we don’t necessarily give it back. …. JASON REYNOLDS
- Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough. …. OPRAH WINFREY
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them. …. JOHN F. KENNEDY
- When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears. ….ANTHONY ROBBINS
- When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. …. TECUMSEH
- When eating fruit, remember the one who planted the tree. ….VIETNAMESE PROVERB
- He is a wise man who doesn’t grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. ….EPICTETUS
- The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated. …. WILLIAM JAMES
- Be grateful in your own hearts. That suffices. Thanks giving has wings, and flies to the right destination. …. VICTOR HUGO
- A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues,. …. CICERO
- The world has enough beautiful mountains and meadows, spectacular skies and serene lakes. It has enough lush forests, flowered fields, and sandy beaches. It has plenty of stars and the promise of a new sunrise and sunset every day. What the world needs more of is people to appreciate and enjoy it. …. MICHAEL JOSEPHSON
- Make it a habit to tell people, ‘thank you’. To express your appreciation sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you’ll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you’ll find that you have more of it. …. RALPH MARSTON
- Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts. …. HENRI FREDERIC AMIEL
- We would worry less if we praised more. Thanks giving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction. …. HARRY A. IRONSIDE
- Got no checkbooks, got no banks, still I’d like to express my thanks. I got the sun in the morning and the moon at night. …. IRVING BERLIN
- Whatever we are waiting for – peace of mind, contentment, grace, the inner awareness of simple abundance – it will surely come to us, but only when we are ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart. …. SARAH BAN BREATHNACH
- No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks. …. JAMES ALLEN
- When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed. …. MAYA ANGELOU
- In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich. ….DIETRICH BONHOEFFER
- Ingratitude is the daughter of pride. ….MIGUEL DE CERVANTES
- We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives. ….JOHN F. KENNEDY
- I was complaining that I had no shoes till I met a man who had no feet. ….CONFUCIUS
- Forget injuries, never forget kindness. ….CONFUCIUS
In conclusion it can very well be said that gratitude strengthens our relationship with others. When we are thankful to others it builds and strengthens a bond between the two.
Gratitude or thankfulness increases the trust factor and brings the feeling of being respected and acknowledged
We feel happy when we express our gratitude or receive it from others. It very much gives a feeling that we have done something good to others or something good has been done for us.
Persons with gratitude are seen to have less stress level and they are mostly level headed.
When the people of our society express gratitude for each other, it can create happier atmosphere and sensible society. People become considerate, behave properly, such society think positively and we see progress in such society.
The practice of giving thanks and showing gratitude make people think positively and rationally. Such people don’t have the comparing attitude, rather they have the collaborating attitude.
This type of people know how to appreciate achievers of the society. Also appreciate on the basis of contribution to the society, comparison on the basis of financial status or position does not matter much.
Hope, you have liked this post. Please feel free to comment and give your valuable suggestions.
ALSO PLEASE READ…