Welcome to Three Short Motivational Stories On Belief. In this post there are Three Short Motivational Stories highlighting the importance of belief along with Quotes on belief and Poem on belief. In our life, belief plays a very important role. We are influenced to have some belief or belief system from our child hood. When we grow up, we also acquire new beliefs from our environment or surroundings. These three Short Motivational Stories On Belief are collected by me from internet which will certainly help you a lot to understand belief properly and help you a lot in your life.
The three stories placed before you are….
- Businessman in debt
- Elephant Rope
- The Invention of the Air plane
- This post will also have one Short poem related to Belief written by me having the title… You Can Do Unbelievable Things
- Also this post will have selected Belief Quotes
Before we read the stories, poem and quotes let us go through the following for better understanding of this vital topic…..
DICTIONARY MEANING OF BELIEF:-
When used as Noun-
- an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.
“his belief in extraterrestrial life”
- trust, faith or confidence in ( someone or something )
Similar Words – faith, trust, reliance, confidence, credence
DEFINITION OF BELIEF:-
A state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed on some person or thing.
Example – Her belief in God/ I bought the table in the belief that it was an antique.
THREE TYPES OF BELIEFS:-
Let us know about three types of Beliefs…
First – We hold beliefs about ourselves
Second – We hold beliefs about others
Third – We hold beliefs about the world around us
– Our beliefs in each of these areas shape our perceptions and perspectives which ultimately shape our reality.
- Now let us read the poem with the title…You Can Do Unbelievable Things
YOU CAN DO UNBELIEVABLE THINGS
If you have belief
Belief can make you believe
You can do unbelievable things.
If you don’t have belief
All your skill and strength
May be of no use
It will take you to no where
This you will certainly feel.
If you have belief in yourself
Everybody will believe you
Everybody will be in your support
Unbelievable energy, strength and stamina will flow
You will be more creative and active
Your results in all areas will glow.
The inner thing, the inner feeling, conviction and confidence
Makes the difference
Believe that good things will happen for you
It certainly happens so.
You may not know how it happens
But – it happens so.
If you believe you can lead
Certainly you can be a leader.
If you think you can not do any thing
You may be a useless beggar.
Remember and forget not
Your mind matters
Your willpower matters
Your self confidence matters
They all come together
All come for your belief or belief system
To help you, which is unthinkable
To help you to succeed for ever.
To help you to succeed for ever.
- Now, let us read few selected Quotes…..
- Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself. …. ROBERT COLLIER
- The four characteristics of humanism are curiosity, a free mind, belief in good taste, and belief in the human race. …. E. M. FOSTER
- All money is a matter of belief. ADAM SMITH
- My belief is that communication is the best way to create strong relationship. …. JADA PINKET SMITH
- In the journey of an entrepreneur, the most important thing is self – belief and the ability to convert that belief into reality. …. MUKESH AMBANI
- Belief in oneself is one of the most important bricks in building any successful venture. …. LYDIA M. CHILD
- Belief in oneself and knowing who you are, I mean, that’s the foundation for everything great. …. JAY – Z
- Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief. …. SIGMUND FREUD
- Good advertising does not just circulate information. It penetrates the public mind with desires and belief. …. LEO BURNETT
- I wouldn’t trade anything for family time. To me, it is more important than everything else, and I have a very deep – rooted belief in it, which is influenced by my Jewish faith. That’s very great source of who I am and what I believe in. …. FELICITY KENDAL
- If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won’t, you most assuredly won’t. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad. …. DENIS WAITLEY
- Trust and belief are two prime considerations. You must not allow yourself to be opinionated. …. JAMES DEAN
- First and foremost, it’s my mom and dad who gave me the foundation, the belief in me that I could do anything. …. MICHAEL KELLY
- My success isn’t a result of arrogance – it’s a result of belief. …. CONOR McGREGOR
- There is no sense in going to a tournament if you don’t believe that you can win it. And that is the belief I have always had. And that is not going to change. …. TIGER WOODS
SHORT STORY – 1
BUSINESSMAN IN DEBT
One businessman was in debt and couldn’t figure out a way out of it. Creditors were pressing him. Suppliers were demanding for a payment. He was sitting on a bench in the park with his head down, thinking what could save the company from bankruptcy. Suddenly, an old man appeared in front of him.
– I see that something is bothering you, – he said.
After listening to the businessman, the old man said:
– I think I can help you.
He asked the businessman, what his name was, wrote him a check and said:
– Take this money. We will meet exactly in one year, and you will be able to return it to me at that time.
After that, he turned around and disappeared just as suddenly as he appeared.
The businessman saw a check in his hand for an amount of 500 thousand dollars, signed by John Rockefeller, one of the richest people in the world at that time!
‘I could end all my problems in no time!’ – He thought. But instead, the businessman decided to put the check into his safe. Only one thought about its existence gave him strength to find a solution to save his business. With the return of his optimism, he concluded profitable deals. During couples of months he got out of debt and started to earn money again.
Exactly one year later, he returned to the park with the same check. At the agreed time the old man appeared again. And at that moment, when the businessman wanted to return the check and to share his story o0f success, a nurse ran up and grabbed the old man.
– I am so glad, I caught him! – she exclaimed – I hope he wasn’t bothering you. He always runs away from the house and tells he is John Rockefeller.
The businessman was bemused. During the whole year he was spinning and building a business, buying and selling, convinced that he had half a million dollars. And suddenly he understood that it was not the money, real or imaginary, that turned his life up. It was his new confidence and belief that gave him strength to achieve that he had now.
SHORT STORY – 2
A gentleman was walking through an elephant camp, and he spotted that the elephant were not being kept in cages or held by the use of chains.
All that was holding them back from escaping the camp, was a small piece of rope tied to one of their legs.
As the man gazed upon the elephants, he was completely confused as to why the elephants didn’t just use their strength to break the rope and escape the camp. They could easily have done so, but instead, they didn’t try to at all.
Curious and wanting to know the answer, he asked a trainer nearby why the elephants were just standing there and never tried to escape.
The trainer replied:
“When they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they can not break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free”.
The only reason that the the elephants weren’t breaking free and escaping from the camp was that over time they adapted the belief that it just wasn’t possible.
SHORT STORY – 3
THE INVENTION OF THE AIR PLANE
The invention of air plane is considered to be one of the greatest invention. This has revolutionized the aviation industry and air travel. This impossible invention is the story of two brothers who dared to believe that they could make man fly.
The names of the two brothers were Wilbur Wright and Orville Wright. Both of them were High School drop out. They both owned a bicycle shop. They imagined and believed that men could fly. At that time nobody believed them as they were not well educated. People laughed at them. Everybody said that men can not fly. It is just impossible.
The two brothers, the Wright brothers thought and believed that they can make people fly. They had the courage to harness the power of belief and combined it with action.
In 1903, the Wright brothers achieved the first powered, sustained and controlled air flight; they surpassed their own milestone two years later when they built and flew the first fully practical airplane. This invention made them the pioneers in aviation and they record their names in the world history because of sheer power of belief.
Impossible things can be made possible through imagination and power of belief.
The power of belief is amazing. It has helped people to accomplish some of the most incredible feats in the history. Impossible or unbelievable things have been made possible.
Hope you have liked the Three Short Motivational Stories On Belief along with a poem and the selected Belief Quotations. This is a full and interesting package for story lovers.
Please feel free to share this post and give your valuable feedback.
ALSO PLEASE READ…..
- KABULIWALA SHORT STORY BY RABINDRANATH TAGORE
- KABIR’S DOHA WITH ENGLISH MEANING
- THE POSTMASTER: A STORY BY RABINDRANATH TAGORE
- KINDNESS POEM ON WORLD KINDNESS DAY
- FOOD POEMS ON WORLD FOOD DAY