RAFAEL NADAL QUOTES IN ENGLISH
|Full name||Rafael Nadal Parera|
|Residence||Manacor, Mallorca, Spain|
|Born||3 June 1986 (age 33)
Manacor, Mallorca, Spain
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Plays||Left-handed (two-handed backhand), born right-handed|
|Coach||Toni Nadal (2005–2017)
Carlos Moyá (2016–)
|Career record||966–196 (83.1% in ATP Tour; 1st in the Open Era and Grand Slam main draw matches, and in Davis Cup)|
|Career titles||84 (4th in the Open Era)|
|Highest ranking||No. 1 (18 August 2008)|
|Current ranking||No. 2 (5 November 2018)|
|Grand Slam Singles results|
|Australian Open||W (2009)|
|French Open||W (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019)|
|Wimbledon||W (2008, 2010)|
|US Open||W (2010, 2013, 2017, 2019)|
|Tour Finals||F (2010, 2013)|
|Olympic Games||W (2008)|
|Career record||132–73 (64.4% in ATP Tour and Grand Slam main draw matches, and in Davis Cup)|
|Highest ranking||No. 26 (8 August 2005)|
|Grand Slam Doubles results|
|Australian Open||3R (2004, 2005)|
|US Open||SF (2004)|
|Other doubles tournaments|
|Olympic Games||W (2016)|
|Davis Cup||W (2004, 2008, 2009, 2011)|
Last updated on: 9 September 2019.
Source : Wikipedia.
- My theory is that most important thing is to be happy, enjoy what are you doing, and be fresh mentally. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- For me, it is important to win titles and for that I need to work hard, stay healthy and be able to compete. The rest, I always say, it comes. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I learned during my career to enjoy suffering. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- No one is perfect. Everybody does stupid things. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I am the only player who can beat me. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I always work with a goal – and the goal is to improve as a player and a person. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- It’s not the time to look for excuses. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I play each point like my life depends on it. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- No one remembers defeats. People remember victories. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I think when you compete every week, when you play under pressure daily, you find your rituals to be 100 per cent focused on what you’re doing. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- If somebody says I am better than Roger, I think this person doesn’t know anything about tennis. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- The only way of finding a solution is to fight back, to move, to run, and to control that pressure. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- My motivation and aspiration is the same, being number one or being number five. So that’s the truth. And my goal is the same – it’s to always be happy playing, it’s to enjoy the game and improve always. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- As a tennis player you can win and you can lose, and you have to be ready for both. I practiced self-control as a kid. But as you get older they both – winning and losing – get easier. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- When I get beaten by somebody better, one has to know how to lose with humility. Sure, I could have served better. Sure, I could have hit my forehand harder. But the truth was this was like an avalanche, and there was no way to stop it. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I think I am a complete player. I can play well on all the surfaces. For me, the clay might be easiest, but I am not a specialist on clay. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- My motivation is tomorrow, just one day at a time, right? …RAFAEL NADAL.
- Confidence is the most important thing in this sport, and the confidence from winning Wimbledon would make it easier to win the Olympics, too. Either would be very difficult, both even more – but the player who wins Wimbledon will be the favourite for the Olympics. It can happen. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- It is important to have people around you with enough confidence to say if you are acting in a good way. Normally when you are at the top people say everything is fantastic. Probably in that moment it is what you want to hear, but it’s best to be reminded how to act properly. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- Even if I have already peaked, I have to believe I can improve. I wake up every morning, and go to practice, with the illusion that I’m going to get better that day. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- My tennis is aggressive, though I wouldn’t say that It’s more physical than technical. I rely more on technique than physique, but being physical is always a help to me. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- Expectation doesn’t win matches, you do. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- Everything I dreamed of winning, I’ve won, and nobody will take it away. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- More than anything believe that you can win. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I am lucky enough to do what I like for work – not everyone’s that fortunate. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- To be a friend means that they are always there, for the food or the bad. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I am a guy who likes to do what I am doing with passin, whether it’s a soccer match with friends or golf. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I admire a lot of people, but in terms of sport I’ve always loved the mentality of Tiger Woods on a golf course. I always love his eyes when he is setting himself and focusing n his decision; he has really strong focus and believes that he can make the shot. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- Endure – put up whatever comes your way, learn to overcome weakness and pain, push yourself to breaking point but never cave in. If you don’t learn that lesson, you’ll never succeed as an elite athlete. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- The glory is being happy. The glory is not winning here or winning there. The glory is enjoying practicing, enjoy everyday, enjoying to work hard trying to be better player than before. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- Tennis is all about dedication, motivation and the will to win. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I have lived my whole life with high intensity. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- You fight. You try your best, but if you lose, you don’t have to break five racquets and smash up the locker room. You can do these things, but when you’ve finished, nothing has changed. You’ve still lost. If something positive came from that, I probably would do it. But I see only negativity. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- However great your dedication, you never win anything on your own. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- Don’t think about being the number one in the world, try instead to get through today’s programme as well as you can. Then we all see whether one day you’ll end up as number one or number 100. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I’d rather lose an argument than get into a long discussion in order to win it. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- When one player is better than you, at this moment, the only thing you can do is work, try to find solutions and try to wait a little big for your time. I’m going to wait and I’m going to try a sixth time. And if the sixth doesn’t happen, a seventh. It’s going to be like this. That’s the spirit of sport. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- Tennis is hard sport. There is a lot of competition all year and you play alone. …RAFAEL NADAL.
- I don’t have any idols, any heroes, nothing, no. …RAFAEL NADAL.