( A POEM, QUOTATIONS & SUCCESSFUL PERSONS)
Many people are successful, famous celebrities today. They have a story of struggle, rejection after rejection professionally and personally. Some of them had to live in their car, some even suffered family abuse. Every successful people have proved themselves to be fighters. Through struggles, they have made progress. They have overcome all limitations made breakthroughs in their life. They grab opportunities and create a name for themselves with lot of perseverance and determination.
Now let us try to understand what is success ?
Success is achievement of an action within a specified period of time or within a specified parameter. Success can also mean completing an objective or reaching a goal. Colloquial term used to describe a person that has achieved his or her personal, financial or career goals.
Definition of Success
- the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
- the fact of getting or achieving wealth ,respect or fame
- the correct or desired result of an attempt
- someone or something that is successful : a person or thing that succeeds .(taken from internet)
SUCCESS: A POEM– By Ratikanta singh
One fine morning – my friend Dingdog Singh
Declared himself a SUCCESS
He said, “I strongly feel I am successful!”
My other friend Ping-Pong Singh, wondered!
And emphatically asked ………
“ You look like me, stay near me;
How can you be successful !”
Puzzled Ping-Pong asked Dingdong
Tell me me Dingu, What’s the taste of success?
What’s it’s colour, what’s it’s odour?
Whether it is hot , cold or sour?
He knew all the answers
Still found it tricky and uncomfortable to answer
Only he said……….
I have reached my goal
I am satisfied and happy
My dreams have been turned into reality
Now I am very much in high spirit
I am at the top of the world
I have found my fighting spirit
And I again declare I am success
I have winning spirit.
Ping-pong seemed satisfied
With what Ding-dong said
Still asked ………….
How could you do it Dingu, my friend !
Dingdong (Dingu) said…..
My dear Pingu (Ping-pong)
Believe it or not
I have always clarity of my goal
I have never allowed myself to be distracted or demotivated
I have always reason to work
Work with genuine purpose and lot of love
I know to achieve goals
And also know to get new goals
This life is mine –I certainly know
How to score my goals.
Again Ding-dong said……….
My dear Ping-pong-smile along with me
Look at my eyes
My body language and smile
Passion, self determination and confidence
Are oozing out
From each and every corner and I feel fine.
Pingu dear ! how I look, of course, I bother not
How to improve myself, I care the most
My success may not look like a success to others
But- I am a success- I have achieved my goals.
This I strongly believe and very well I know
What others think about me I rarely bother
How I think about me I bother and care the most.
Hey! Dear Pingu (Ping-pong)……
Whatever I think ,dream and conceive
I always believe I can achieve
I am the captain of my life
And I am always in-charge
To be positive, to improve and to surge ahead
Like a fully motivated and real in-charge
Pingu dear listen again………
My commitments are must to be fulfilled
With purposeful action and also to review
For a renewed plan and renewed action.
Each and every day is a creative day for me
I am always out of my comfort zone and I feel free
I have the courage, determination
And attitude to change my life
I attract others
Also attract opportunities towards me
I am focused, ready to transform my life to a big dream
Hey ! Ping-pong , now you will very much agree
Why I call myself success
And ready to remain successful for long……….
- Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do…PELE.
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal : it is the courage to continue that counts…WINSTON CHURCHILL.
- A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success…JOYCE BROTHERS.
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up….THOMAS A. EDISON.
- Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. …NEPOLEON HILL.
- The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. …DWIGHT D.EISENHOWER.
- The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda. …JOHN C.MAXWELL.
- Survival was my only hope, success my only revenge. …PATRICIA COMWELL.
- Success is a lousy teacher it seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose. …BILL GATES.
- The path from dreams to success does exist. May you have the vision to find it, and the courage to get on to it, and the perseverance to follow it. …KALPANA CHAWLA.
- Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will. …NELSON MANDELA.
- It is fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. …BILL GATES.
- Success is simple. Do what’s might, the might way, at the right time. …ARNOLD H.GLASOW.
- There is simply no substitute for hard work when it comes to achieving success. …HEATHER BRESCH.
- Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced everyday. …JIM ROHN.
- One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation. …ARTHUR ASHE.
- My powers are ordinary. Only my application brings me success. … ISSAC NEWTON.
- A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him. …DAVID BRINKLEY.
- I attribute my success to this – I never gave or took any excuse. …FLORENCE NITINGALE.
- Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure. …AISHA TYLER.
- Success isn’t a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself as fire. …ARNOLD H.GLASOW.
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. …ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
- Success is not two cars or a swimming pool. It’s the approval of your peers. …PETER FINCH.
- The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes. …BENJAMIN DISRAELI.
- The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success. …BRUCE FEIRSTEIN.
- Check your ego at the door. The ego can be the great success inhibitor. It can kill opportunities, and it can kill success. …DWAYNE JOHNSON.
- Action is the foundational key to all success. …PABLO PICASSO.
- Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. It’s built on frustration. Sometime it built on catastrophe. …SUMMER REDSTONE.
- Finding good partners is the key to success in anything : in business, in marriage and, especially in investing. …ROBERT KIYOSAKI.
- Success is dependent on effort. …SOPHOCLES.
- The ladder of success is never clouded at the top. …NAPOLEON HILL.
- There is only one success – to be able to spend your life in your own way. …CHRISTOPHER MORLEY.
- The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty. …ZIG JIGLAR.
- The secret of our success is that we never, never give up. …WILMA MANKILLER.
- Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally. …DAVID FROST.
Now, I am giving my own quotations from my experience on success ……………
- Success is to do everything you want in a creative way with your own stamp that gives satisfaction to you, benefits to others and people should follow your example or path for their recognition. …RATIKANTA SINGH.
- Courage to taste and test failure and rejection regularly and boldly is the road to success… RATIKANTA SINGH.
STORY OF STRUGGLE & SUCCESS
Successful & Famous Actor
(Born 11 October 1942)
He is an Indian film actor, producer, television host, and former politician. He first gained popularity in the early 1970s for films such as Zanjeer, Deewaar and Sholay, and was dubbed India’s “angry young man” for his on-screen roles in Bollywood. Referred to as the Shahenshah of Bollywood, Star of the Millennium, or Big B,he has since appeared in over 190 Indian films in a career spanning almost five decades. Bachchan is widely regarded as one of the greatest and most influential actors in the history of Indian cinema as well as world cinema. So total was his dominance on the Indian movie scene in the 1970s and 1980s that the French director François Truffaut called him a “one-man industry”.
Bachchan has won numerous accolades in his career, including four National Film Awards as Best Actor and many awards at international film festivals and award ceremonies. He has won fifteen Filmfare Awards and is the most nominated performer in any major acting category at Filmfare, with 41 nominations overall. In addition to acting, Bachchan has worked as a playback singer, film producer and television presenter. He has hosted several seasons of the game show Kaun Banega Crorepati, India’s version of the game show franchise, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?. He also entered politics for a time in the 1980s.
The Government of India honoured him with the Padma Shri in 1984, the Padma Bhushan in 2001 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2015 for his contributions to the arts. The Government of France honoured him with its highest civilian honour, Knight of the Legion of Honour, in 2007 for his exceptional career in the world of cinema and beyond. Bachchan also made an appearance in a Hollywood film, Baz Luhrmann‘s The Great Gatsby (2013), in which he played a non-Indian Jewish character, Meyer Wolfsheim. ( Taken from Wikipedia)
Amitabh Bachchan was rejected by All India Radio for his voice. His first twelve films were flop. Amitabh Bachchan’s career saw a new low along with his production house ABCL( AMITABH BACHCHAN CORPORATION LIMITED). His quick downfall after his meteoric rise is a true Bollywood style story in Bollywood. He became bankrupt mostly due to ABCL. But he didn’t give up and continued to fight back. People thought he is down and out.
At this stage anchoring KBC (KAUN BANEGA CROREPATI) series gave the much needed support to revive his career slowly and steadily. He once again occupied the top. He started getting lot of different kinds of films and lot of endorsements. He advertises for big brands as well as small brands and made many brands of choice of Indians. He advertises simple desi hair oil. He has proved himself to be versatile and thorough professional. His life story is full of success today. But he had scary and challenging share of failure. At the beginning to have a foothold in Bollywood he had to struggle a lot.
Due to his skill, positive attitude and fighting spirit big B is big success and his life story is very much inspiring. Besides this he had to carry on with different type of health problem and he has always come out as a winner and his life story is really a story of discipline, dedication and devotion. All sections of society and all age group are fan of Amitabh Bachchan. Now his voice is one of the most recognized, admired and copied voice everywhere.
Friends , let us now read the inspiring life story of J.K. Rowling, a successful and famous author.
Successful & Famous Author
(Born 31st , July 1965)
She needs no introduction. Rowling is one of the most inspirational success stories. More than 500 million copies of her books have been sold worldwide. We simply know that she is the woman who created Harry Potter. But many of us don’t know what she went through prior to reaching stardom. Rowling story is a story of tremendous struggle. She struggled to live, struggled to publish her book and struggled to earn name and fame. Ultimately her story became a story of rags to riches through her books.
The first idea of Harry Potter came to Rowling in 1990, while she was on a four hour delayed train trip from Manchester to London. This idea of a young boy attending a school of Wizardry “came fully formed” into her mind. She began writing furiously. Later that year a tragedy occurred. Her mother died after 10 years of complications from multiple Sclerosis.
Later, in 1992 she moved to Portugal to teach English. There she met a man, married, and had a daughter. In 1993, her marriage ended in divorce. She moved to Edinburgh, Scotland to be closer to her sister. At that time she had three chapters of Harry Potter ready with her.
Rowling really was jobless, divorced and penniless with a depended child. She signed up for Government aid (She was so poor that she couldn’t afford to support herself and her daughter). She suffered through bouts of depression. She could not afford a computer or even the cost of photocopying 90000 – word Novel. She manually typed out each version to send to Publishers.
In 1995, all twelve major Publishers rejected the Harry Potter script. Editor Barry Cumingham from Bloomsbury advised her to get a day job since she had little chance of making from writing children’s books. But it was a year later when Bloomsbury (Small Publishing House) accepted it, gave it a second chance after the CEO’s eight years old daughter fell in love with it. Bloomsbury extended a very small 1500 pound advance. In 1997, the book was published with only 1000 copies, 500 of which were distributed to libraries..
Rowling’s book own awards from Nestle Smarties Book Prize and the British book Award for children’s book of the year 1997 and 1998. Also continued to get awards and honours year after year. You can very well say that it was a tremendous ride and rise for Rowling.
Today she is United Kingdom’s best –selling living author with an estimated fortune of 560 million pounds. She ranks 12th among the richest women in UK. It is a story of rags to riches. It is a story, very inspiring.
Dear friends, I have enjoyed writing about these two towering personalities. I am waiting to know your reaction and response……
Thanks a lot.