QUOTATIONS ON ANGER
You might have seen angry people. You yourself might have been angry sometimes. We can very well say that anger is part and parcel of our life. Sometimes anger is needed. Many a time anger is harmful. Sometimes it puts us into lot of troubles. Anger creates more problems in our life than it help us in our life.
Therefore, let us try to understand the definition/meaning of anger (source internet).
Definition of Anger:
- Anger – Noun:
A strong feeling of annoyance, displeasure, or hostility.
“The colonel’s anger at his daughter’s disobedience”
Synonyms: annoyance, vexation, exasperation, crossness, irritation, displeasure, resentment.
- Anger – Verb:
Fill (someone) with anger.
“She was angered by his terse answer.”
Synonyms: annoy, irritate, exasperate, irk, vex, put out, provoke, pique.
Poem – ANGER
Anger makes people uncomfortable
Anger makes people imbalanced
Anger has no value – if not felt
Anger has no meaning – if not understood.
Angry man may make others angry
Anger may not bring desired results
Certainly does not bring friend
Surely brings foe to you.
Anger of mother is understood
Many a time comfortable and soothing too
Anger of nature is dangerous
Sometimes rude and raw
It’s impact is equal for rich and poor
Never partial –
Always shows an effect to a cause.
Is anger of beloved – ultimate love!
Why friend’s anger is welcomed?
Anger of boss : a lesson or a teaching?
Is it his right to be angry all the time?
Anger of subordinates need thorough enquiry
Certainly needs patient hearing
“ANGER SHOULD BE SHOWN ITS RIGHTFUL PLACE
NEVER ALLOW IT TO DOMINATE US IN ANY CASE”.
Anger helps none
Many realize this after cooling off
Anger – a big foe to self
Not a friend at all.
Anger is anger
Let it come and go
It’s better to control anger
Try – and not allow it to come at all.
Let us find ways and means
And allow anger to lose its heat off
The venom it has
Will certainly fly off.
Coolly ask – ANGER
Can you not be a story to be read?
A ball to play
A dream to enjoy
A poem to be read and enjoyed
A poem to be preserved or just to forget forever..
QUOTES ON ANGER :
- Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and to the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy…Aristotle.
- When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred…Thomas Jefferson.
- Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools….Albert Einstein.
- Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured…Mark Twain.
- The greatest remedy for anger is delay…Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
- For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind…Ralph Waldo Emerson.
- He who angers you conquers you…Elizabeth Kenny.
- The best fighter never angry…Lao Tzu.
- Anger makes you smaller; while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you are…Cherie Carter Scott.
- It is important to realize that every time you get upset, it drains your emotional energy. Losing your cool makes you tired. Getting angry a lot messes with your health…Joyce Meyer.
- People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining…Stephen Hawking.
- Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind…Anonymous.
- Whatever begun in anger ends in shame…Benjamin Franklin.
- A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control…Proverbs 29:11.
Dear Friends !
Let us read an interesting short and inspiring story to understand more about anger. This story is taken from internet. The author is unknown. Enjoy the short story………
Nails In The Fence
There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.
The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.
Finally the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.
The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, “You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won’t matter how many times you say I’m sorry, the wound is still there.”
The little boy then understood how powerful his words were. He looked up at his father and said “I hope you can forgive me father for the holes I put in you.”
“Of course I can,” said the father.
I feel you have calmly understood anger.
I feel you will be able to control your anger.
Wish you calm, cool and great life ahead…
All the best,