The 2019 Cricket World Cup is the 12th Edition of the Cricket World Cup. It is hosted by England and Wales from 30.05.2019 to 14.07.2019. The Opening Ceremony of the Cricket World Cup 2019 is decided to take place at “The Mall, the famous road in the city of Westminster, Central London. The ICC has already promised that the Opening Ceremony will be the most celebrated start to a Cricket World Cup ever”.
- The format of this cricket tournament is One Day International.
- 10 countries are participating in this World Cup.
- The Tournament format(s) is Round-robin and Knockout.
- 48 matches will be played in this Tournament.
- Administrator of this World Cup is International Cricket Council ICC).
- The first match will be played between England and South Africa at The Oval, London. The match will start in England at 03.00PM IST. It will be at 09.30AM GMT/10.30AM local in England.
- The final match will be played on July 14, Sunday at Lord’s, London. Timing : 03.00PM IST played in England. The time will be at 09.30AM GMT/10.30AM local in England.
- ICC has announced World Cup Prize Money as given below (in $):
Winners 37,50,000 40,00,000
Runners-up 17,50,000 20,00,000
Losing Semi-finalists 6,00,000 8,00,000
Losing Quarter-finalists 3,00,000 N/A
Remaining Teams 35,000 1,00,000
League/Group match win 45,000 40,000
Total Prize Money 1,00,00,000 1,00,00,000
- Panel of Commentators :
Full list : Nasser Hussain, Michael Clarke, Ian Bishop, Sourav Ganguly, Melanie Jones, Kumar Sangakkara, Michael Atherton, Alison Mitchell, Brendon McCullum, Graeme Smith, Wasim Akram, Shaun Pollock, Michael Slater, Mark Nicholas, Michael Holding, Isa Guha, Pommie Mbangwa, Sanjay Manjrekar, Harsha Bhogle, Simon Doull, Ian Smith, Ramiz Raja, Athar Ali Khan and Ian Ward.
51 year old Gandikota Sarba Laxmi is appointed as the first woman ICC Match Referee from India.
Names of the Captains of the various teams participating in this Tournament :
Afghanistan : Gulbadin Naib (Bowling All-rounder)
Australia : Aaron Finch (Batsman)
Bangladesh : Mushrafe Mortaza (Bowler)
England : Eoin Morgan (Batsman)
India : Virat Kohli (Batsman)
New Zealand : Kane Willianson (Batsman)
Pakistan : Sarfaraz Ahmed (Wicketkeeper – Batsman)
South Africa : Faf du Plessis (Batsman)
Srilanka : Dimuth Karunaratne (Batsman)
Windies : Jason Holder (Bowling All-rounder)
Name of the Wicketkeepers of various squads :
Afghanistan : Md. Sahzad
Australia : Alex Carey
Bangladesh : Liton Das
England : Jonny Bairstow
India : M.S.Dhoni
New Zealand : Tom Blundell
Pakistan : Sarfaraz Ahmed
South Africa : Quinton de Kock
Srilanka : Kusal Perera
Windies : Nicholas Pooran
Source : Internet & Newspapers.