This Twenty20 Cricket League of Board of Control for Cricket in India which started from 23rd March 2019 with the first match at Bengaluru between RCB (Royal Challengers Bangalore) and CSK (Chennai Super Kings). Chennai won by 7 wickets.
- RCB scored 70 runs (17.1 overs), Parthiv Patel scored the highest run 29 (in 35 balls) for RCB. Siraj took 1/5 (2 overs) for RCB.
- CSK in reply scored 71 runs (in 17.4 overs), Ambati Rayudu scored the highest run 28 (in 42 balls). Imran Tahir showed the best bowling performance 3/9 (4 overs) for CSK.
- This tournament’s format was Double Round-robin and knockout.
- There were 8 participating teams viz. CSK, DC, MI, KKR, SRH, RR, Kings XI Punjab and RCB.
- 60 matches were played in this tournament in India.
- Official website of this league is ipl20.com.
- CSK were the defending champions (Winner of 2018 Trophy).
- This year 2019 Season twelfth, MI defeated CSK by 1 run to win the final for the fourth time and became the champions.
- Final match was held at Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Hyderabad.
- MI won the Toss and decided to bat.
- Umpires : Ian Gould (England) and Nitin Menon (India)
Mumbai Indians vs. Chennai Super Kings
149/8 (in 20 overs) 148/7 (in 20 overs)
Kieron Pollard 41* Not out (25) Shane Watson 80 (59)
Deepak Chahar 3/26 (4 overs) Jasprit Bumrah 2/14 (4 overs)
(Mumbai won by 1 run)
- Orange Cap : David Warner of SRH won the Orange Cap as the leading run scorer of the tournament with 692 runs.
- Purple Cap: Imran Tahir of CSK won the Purple Cap for becoming the highest wicket-taker of the tournament with 26 wickets.
- Most Valuable Player : Andre Russel of KKR was named as the Most Valuable Player of the tournament.
- Emerging Player of the Tournament : Shubman Gill of KKR became the Emerging Player of the Tournament.
- Player of the Series : Andre Russel of KKR. He scored 510 runs and took 11 wickets.
- Top Six Run Getters in IPL 2019 :
- David Warner 692
- L.Rahul 593
- Quinton de Kock 529
- Sikhar Dhawan 521
- Andre Russel 510
- Chris Gayle 490
- Century Scorers in IPL 2019 :
David Warner – 100*
K.L.Rahul – 100*
Virat Kohli – 100
Jonny Bairstow – 114
Ajinkya Rahane – 105*
Sanju Samson – 102*
- Top Players who hit seven and more sixes in IPL 2019 in an Innings :
Kieron Pollard – 10
Hardik Pandya – 9
Andre Russel – 9
Dinesh Karthik – 9
Andre Russel – 8
Andre Russel – 7
Rishabh Pant – 7
Jos Buttler – 7
Jonny Bairstow – 7
AB de Villiers – 7
Nitesh Rana – 7
M.S.Dhoni – 7
Chris Gayle – 7
Further facts and figures about IPL 2019 will continue and I believe that the information and figures given will be of much help to you.