HEALTH IS WEALTH
Health poems and Health Quotations
This topic we have heard since our childhood. Perhaps we all have also written essay on this topic during our school days. But have we understood this properly? Many may say yes we have understood. But many may equally say that understanding on this topic is not enough, implementing it is vital. Practically, we have to take care of our health so that it proves to be our wealth. We can utilize this good health for our all round development, progress and growth. Let us try to understand something about good health.
Good Health :
In a very simple way we can say that good health is good to our lives and bad health is bad to our lives. This is not a new thing, everybody know this. Generally it is seen that maximum people are born with good health, rarely with bad health. Whatever may be our health, we all have to keep it good and improve it further. We should be able to know the condition of our health at regular interval. Therefore regular check-up of our health is a must.
A good health is costly and most precious gift of this life. A good health is just like a boon given by the God. It is very much necessary for living a purposeful life. A good health keeps us always happy. It gives us a feeling of complete wellbeing physically, mentally, socially and intellectually too. A good health keeps us away from diseases and health disorders. Loss of good health (if one is not healthy), he will suffer from health related issues. He has to bear this alone. Instead of enjoying his life he may have to be hospitalized, he may become bed ridden or live under restrictions and medication.
If we have good health, it helps us lead a normal life and allow us to work for longer period without getting tired. A good health is like real money of life. Using good health we can earn good wealth anytime, but a good health can never be earned again in life, once it is destroyed, we cannot regain good health even at the cost of lot of money. Let us now understand the definition of health.
Definition of Health (from Collins Dictionery) :
- A person’s health is the condition of their body and the extent to which it is free from illness or is able to resist illness.
- Health is a state in which a person is not suffering from any illness and is feeling well.
- The health of something such as an organization or a system is its success and the fact it is working well.
- The state of being bodily and mentally vigorous and free from disease.
- The general condition of body and mind.
- The condition of any unit, society etc.
Definition of health by WHO :
Health is the level of functional and metabolic efficiency of a living organism. The World Health Organisation (WHO) defined human health in its broader sense in 1948 constitution as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
After knowing the definition of health, let us know something on fitness and health from internet.
What is fitness and health?
Physical fitness is a state of health and wellbeing and, most specifically, the ability to perform aspects of sports occupations and daily activities. Physical fitness is generally achieved through proper nutrition, moderate-vigorous exercise and sufficient rest.
Today’s Life :
We are living in a fast moving world. Things are changing very fast. We have to keep pace. We are bound to become multi-taskers and do many things within the limited time. We also have to be creative to accomplish various types of jobs at home, workplace and society. There is cutthroat competition in every sphere. To survive and thrive in this competitive world we have to take care of our health and should be fit enough to carry on all types of activities since morning till we go to the bed.
Basic things to take care for good health :
To maintain a good health we need to take care of the following.
- Eat balanced food.
- Keep away from junk food.
- Do some exercise daily (at least for 30 minutes).
- Do Meditation for some time.
- Do some Yoga.
- Maintain good posture.
- Go for morning walk.
- Breathe fresh air.
- Drink clean water.
- Have adequate sleep and rest.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Take bath daily with fresh water.
- Should clean hands with soap and water every time before eating food.
- Should brush teeth daily twice a day.
- Bring good thoughts (try it’s possible).
I am not advising anything here. I am just reminding the basic things for maintaining good health or acquiring and improving good health. Maintaining and improving good health depends a lot on individual concerned. Every day one should spend some time to review this and try to improve and maintain regularity.
We will go further in this topic with some short poems related to health. Few quotations also will be there to strengthen the poem and its content. At the end we will have a short story related to health with some moral value.
Let us go ahead with short poems written by me on important things, we require to take care for our good health :
Adequate Sleep :
A good night sleep is a must
To relax and to replenish energy
Lack of sleep means some irritation and no freshness
Certain to have disorder and also laziness.
Few quotations relating to sleep :
- Sleep is the best meditation…..
- Tired minds don’t plan well. Sleep fast, plan later…Walter Reiseh.
- My father said there are two kinds of people in the world: givers and takers. The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better….Marlo Thomas.
- I treat myself pretty good. I take lot of vacations, I eat well, I take supplements, I do mercury detox, I get plenty of sleep, I drink plenty of water and I stay away from drama and stress….Reba McEntire.
- The nicest thing for me is sleep, then at least I can dream….Marilyn Monroe.
- Sleep is the golden chain that ties health and our bodies together…Thomas Dekker.
Get up in time to do at least 30 minutes of exercise to energize
Be fit mentally and physically by burning calories
Do it in open space for more oxygen intake
Enjoy exercise daily, do it rightly without any fault or mistake.
Few quotations relating to Exercise:
- To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise….Gene Tunney.
- Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body…Joseph Addison.
- Old minds are like old horses; you must exercise them if you wish to keep them in working order….John Adams.
- For me, fitness is not just about hitting the gym; it is also about an inner happiness and overall wellbeing….Rakul Pratap Singh.
Eat right :
Eat right – eat vegetables, fruits, fish, nuts and lean meat
Take right nutrition in right amount as a fuel to keep you going and fit
Eat healthy to take care of calories through balanced food
Your bones, muscles, joints should be healthy, active, strong and good.
Few quotations relating to Eat:
- The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like and do what you’d rather not….Mark Twain.
- Number one, like yourself. Number two, you have to eat healthy. And number three, you’ve got to squeeze your buns. That’s my formula….Richard Simmons.
- Think in the morning. Act in the noon. Eat in the evening. Sleep in the night….William Blake.
- The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age….Lucille Ball.
Attention to Hygiene :
Maintain good hygiene for yourself
To increase your self-esteem and wellbeing
Keep your surroundings neat and clean everyday
For good health of everybody
Wash hands, clean teeth and body parts regularly
Maintain good health and good hygiene smilingly.
Few quotations relating to Hygiene:
- Hygiene is two thirds of health….Lebanese Proverb.
- Keep your own house and surroundings pure and clean. This hygiene will keep you healthy and benefit your worldly life…Sri Satya Sai Baba.
- Nine-tenths of our sickness can be prevented by right thinking plus right hygiene – nine-tenths of it !…Henry Miller.
- What separate two people most profoundly is a difference sense and degree of cleanliness….Friedrich Nietzsche.
- Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world….George Bernard Shaw.
Avoid Addiction :
Say no to alcohol, smoking or addiction of any drugs
Have a happy and fit heart, liver and lungs
Blood pressure low or high should not be there
Lead a clean life without any addiction and fear.
Few quotations relating to Addiction:
- Every form of addiction is bad, no matter whether be narcotic be alcoholic or morphine or idealism….Carl Jung.
- Addiction is a hugely complex and destructive disease, and its impact can be simply devastating. All too often, lives and families can be shattered by it….Kate Middleton.
- Addiction isn’t about substance – you aren’t addicted to the substance, you are addicted to the alteration of mood that the substance brings….Susan Cheever.
- Addiction begins with the hope that something “out there” can instantly fill up the emptiness inside….Jean Kilbourne.
Think Positive :
Think positive to improve quality of your life
You should live strong and live long
Bring no stress bring no strain
And bury all negative thoughts
Your immune system should be all right
Lead a healthy, wealthy and life very bright.
Few quotations relating to Think Positive:
- Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success….Shiv Khera.
- Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will….Zig Ziglar.
- Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because yours words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny…Mahatma Gandhi.
- In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision…Dalai Lama.
- Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results….Willie Nelson.
Few more poems written by me related to health and wealth:
Poem 1 (Health is wealth):
If you cannot maintain a good health
Life’s enjoyments will decrease, decrease and decrease
Understand health is wealth and take utmost care of health
You will be happy, satisfied and enjoyment will increase, increase and increase.
Poem 2 (Healthy, wealthy and wise):
Good health is the key
To long and active life
You will get happiness here
If you take health’s care
Get a healthy mind for your healthy body
Keep yourself healthy, wealthy and wise
Otherwise – the money, name and fame is of no use
If you are bedridden and cannot move.
Poem 3 (Strong body and strong mind):
Do exercise to burn your calories
It will increase your strength
With good health comes healthy mind
Face this world with strong body and strong mind.
Poem 4 (Remember, understand and implement):
Eat, play, read, write and travel
Experience all and enjoy life
But if health is not good
You cannot enjoy anything in this life
Health without wealth can be okay
But – wealth without health is useless
So friends, beware and take care
Do exercise daily without fail
If you become lazy and procrastinate
Your dreams, hopes and aspirations will derail
Health is wealth
Stitch in time saves nine
Remember and understand…
Time and tide wait for none
Remember, understand and implement
Early to bed and early to rise
Makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
Motivational Story on Health :
There was a rich businessman. He was working very hard to become the richest man of the city. Ultimately, he became the richest man. To celebrate his achievement, he constructed a beautiful house like a palace.
He threw a lavish house warming (Griha Pravesh) party. He invited the rich, powerful and celebrity of the city. He wanted this party to be one of the best and people should remember it. The party went on very well. People enjoyed and happily left. He saw them off.
He was very happy but very tired. He went to his bedroom to sleep. The moment he lies down on his bed he heard a voice saying, “I am your soul, now I want to leave your body and want to go away.” The rich businessman was worried and said, “you cannot do like this, without you I will die. Just you see, I have achieved such a big success and have constructed such a palace for you spending crores of rupees with so many amenities for you. Dear soul, please don’t leave me, otherwise I will die.”
The soul told to the rich man, “My home, my abode was your healthy body. To earn crores you have spoiled your body, you have blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid problem, back pain and you are obese too. You are not able to walk properly, unable to sleep at night, your heart has become weak, and you are always on stress, that’s why so many diseases have made your body their house.”
The soul continued… “Now tell me, would you like to stay in a dilapidated house in which all the four walls are very weak, the house is full of dirt, water dripping down from the roof, the doors and windows are broken. Certainly no one may like to live in such a house. Sorry to say that your body has become a dilapidated house and it may collapse any day. I cannot stay in such a place…. Telling this, the soul went away from the body of the rich businessman.”
Friends, this short story is true for many of us. We should work hard to reach our goals. It is very much welcome to become rich, successful, celebrity etc. but not at the cost of our health. If we don’t take care of our health we will lose everything and we cannot enjoy anything in our life which we have achieved with lot of hard labour. So we all have to take care of our health and remember – health is wealth. We should also take care to enjoy the life we dream of through this wealth.
Like Rome was not built in a day, good health cannot be built in a day. We have to be health conscious, also to be environment conscious. We have to contribute in this regard for better life for ourselves and others.