Life is meeting, departing, forgetting, remembering etc. etc. We meet people, make friendship and make relationship. Then a day comes when we say goodbye and give farewell. Our life is full of goodbyes. Similarly we have to say goodbye to the year 2017 and give farewell and welcome New Year 2018. Before welcoming 2018 let me give a Farewell Poem to the year 2017.
Farewell – Year 2017 (A Poem)
Last but not the least
I thank you – Year Two Thousand Seventeen
Nice of you – you have given a new platform
To welcome New Year Two Thousand Eighteen.
You will ever be in my memory
You helped me – I could write a book
My book – “My Short Poems” was born in August 2017
Also you gave a great feeling
To have a website of my own www.ratikantasingh.com
From 30th November 2017 – I have started blogging
I have made my presence felt in the world of dot com.
Hey 2017 !
You have given me joy
Sometimes given me pain
Neither had I any complain
Nor you had any gain
You did your duty
I could see in you all positivity and beauty
Thank you – Thank you – Year 2017.
Hey 2017 !
You have allowed me to be cool and balanced in joy and pain
You have taught me many lessons of life again and again
I say thank you and bid farewell
Please bless me for a bright future, great life and all very very well.
Actually, my poem is thanks giving poem as well as a farewell poem. But I am asking for blessings from the year gone by so that I get the best opportunity to welcome New Year 2018.
To understand Farewell and Goodbye clearly, let us take the help of few quotations.
FAREWELL AND GOODBYE QUOTES:
- Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart & soul there is no such thing as separation….RUMI.
- Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, though somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends….UNKNOWN.
- Life is a journey, not a destination….RALPH WALDO EMERSON.
- Goodbyes are not for ever,
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I’ll miss you,
Until we meet again. …UNKNOWN.
- Though miles may lie between us,
We are never far apart,
For friendship doesn’t count miles,
It’s measured by the heart…..UNKNOWN.
- Goodbyes make you think. They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost, what you have taken for granted….RITU GHATOUREY.
- Great is the art of beginning, but great is the art of ending….HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW.
- If you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello….PAULO COELHO.
- What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from….T.S.ELIOT.
- History never really says goodbye. History says, ‘See you later’. …EDUARDO GALEANO.
- The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last….MOIRA ROGERS.
- We only part to meet again. …JOHN GAY.
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart….MAHATMA GANDHI.
- Farewell is a beautiful and a soft word and yet it is a horrible and a heavy thing too….MEHMET ILDAN.
- I think goodbyes are sad end I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure….ERNIE HARWELL.
With this, I will take permission from the year 2017 to welcome the New Year 2018 and start a new adventure and I will write new chapters after chapters of my life in this New Year. Please bless me all…