Welcome to Earth Day Poem in English. Which is observed on 22 April every year.
This poem is written with an intention to understand the importance of Earth Day Celebration and to show care and concern to save the planet earth.
The first Earth Day was celebrated in 1970. Initiative was taken by American Senator from Wisconsin. He organized a national demonstration to raise awareness about environmental issues.
Many rallies took place across the country during this period. By the end of the year, Government of United States had created the Environment Protection Agency. With the help of this Agency, by 1990 Earth Day became an important event and was celebrated by more than 140 countries around the world.
Let us understand more about World Earth Day through this poem and also appreciate the care and concern needed through Earth Day Poem in English.
Now …Let us read the poem written by me.
EARTH DAY POEM IN ENGLISH
We protect our home and property
We protect our children and family
We are proud of our culture and society
We protect everything that is good for our living and wellbeing
We think about ourselves and our relatives
We want to enjoy our life and progress in our life
We know the address of our house
We know the address and location of our town, country and continent
Google maps, GPS (system) is helping us all
To find out our location
But – how much do we know about our planet earth?
Should we know about our planet earth?
Should we not know about her health, wealth and her wellbeing?
Please remember, our planet earth….
“This is the only known planet that supports life in the entire solar system”.
The earth offers a home for many species
Home in the form of ocean and land
Earth offers air, water, food and shelter to survive
Also provides trees, plants, mountains and minerals to thrive
But – please tell – who will take care of this earth?
Who will take care of many species?
Who will take care of her resources and wealth?
Should the man exploit her again and again day-in and day-out?
This earth is for all, this earth is for all species
Who will love and who will protect this earth?
Who will warn about the global warming?
Why people will pollute water bodies and air in the sky?
More than seven billion people residing on this planet earth
Tell me, tell me please
Who is responsible to take care and love this earth?
Have we assigned this to anyone?
Can we make the people responsible to take care of the earth?
This earth is for all
Everybody takes benefit from the earth
Who and why should someone take care of this earth?
Please think – please realize….
“Earth is the only planet having an atmosphere in the entire solar system”.
Atmosphere sustains life
Protects us from harmful Ultra Violet Rays
Protects us from meteorites
We protect our life, our home, our country
But tell please…
“Who is responsible to protect this earth for you and me”?
All things given by nature are limited
It is our planet, we have to maintain
We should take all steps
For continuity of life on earth
Let us make….
“Earth a sustainable planet for future generations”.
Yes – let us celebrate….
World Earth Day on 22nd April every year
To bring awareness to save the earth, to love the earth
Let us believe and be serious
Everyone of us can make a contribution
To save our world and to save our earth.
Let us use recyclable articles
Let us say ‘No’ to plastic
Let us save water by all means
Save power and electricity
Let us use eco-friendly or environment-friendly materials
Don’t think that someone will do something
We ourselves have to do something
Everyone has to do something
We have to be disciplined and take care to save our mother earth
We have to change and change for better
The longevity of the earth and longevity of human race is in our hand
We deserve a clean planet, a clean earth
Together let us make it
Yes-a worthy place to live and thrive.
Going through Earth Day Poem in English we have understood that we have to take initiatives to save our planet earth. Each and everyone has to contribute in his own way in this endeavor. Let us try to do the following…
- Let us become waste warriors. We should not throw waste materials here and there. Let us also know something about waste warriors.
- “Waste warriors is a non-governmental organization which undertakes waste collection, Waste Management Consultancy, Event Waste Management and other related projects in Dehradun, Dharmashala, Corbett National Park, Goa, Himachal Pradesh and other parts of India. It was founded by Jodie Underhill and Taashi Pareek”. (Wikipedia).
- Let us recycle waste materials and reuse them.
- Let us plant trees. Roughly 15 billion trees are cut down each year. We have to compensate this great loss and let us make our earth greener.
- Better we turn off the lights and fans when not in use. We can save energy, save electricity. We have to think of producing electricity from renewable sources like wind, water, the Sun and even elephant dung. The conservation of electricity energy is a must.
- Let us limit our waste usage. Let us turn off the water tap when we brush our teeth. Let us save water. Clean and drinkable water is a limited resource. This we should not forget.
- Let us spread the message and make sure about saving the planet doing some important event for awareness to save the earth. Let us love our earth and make it more beautiful and worth living….Hope you enjoyed the Earth Day Poem in English.
Also Please read..