Whenever we think of stock market, names like Warren Buffet and Rakesh Jhunjhunwalla comes to our mind. Let us know something about them.
Warren Edward Buffet :
Born August 30, 1930 is an American Business magnet, investor, speaker and philanthropist who serve on the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. He is considered one of the most successful investors in the world and has a net worth of US $84.4 billion as of November, 1, 2018, making him the third wealthiest person in the world.
It is said that he started with $100 and has turned it into more than US $84.4 billion. This is a fact and not a fiction. His life is interesting, inspirational and very practical. We will find many quotes of Warren Buffet to understand stock market very well.
Rakesh Kumar Radheshyam Jhunjhunwalla:
Let us try to know something about our own BIGBULL Rakesh Kumar Radheshyam Jhunjhunwalla.
Born 5th July 1960, he is an Indian Billionaire Investor and Trader. He is a Chartered Accountant.
He started his journey with just Rs. 5000.00. He was fascinated by stocks and he is self-taught. Today, Rakesh Jhunjhunwalla is an Indian billionaire investor and trader. He manages his own portfolio as a partner in his management firm, Rare Enterprises. His net worth – USD 3 billion (February 2018).
STOCK MARKET AND MARKET RELATED QUOTES :
- If Stock Market Experts were so expert, they would be buying stock not selling advice. …NORMAN RALPH AUGUSTINE.
- One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both things they are astute. …WILLIAM FEATHER.
- I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they would close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years. …WARREN BUFFET.
- The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many men as possible….BERNARD BARUCH.
- Everybody has the brainpower to follow the stock market. If you made it through fifth-grade math, you can do it. ….PETER LYNCH.
- When it comes to portfolios, my personal advice is for anyone who can, put money into forestry or farm land. Long term, you would probably never come near their returns in the stock market. In the world that I see, land is golden. …JEREMY GRANTHAM.
- The usual reason companies are funded or valued on the stock market for not having a current profit is because the investors believe there will be a future profit. …JEFF BEWKES.
- Who owns the future? This is the question at the heart of every stock market. ….JOHN LANDGRAF.
- For those of us in the financial world, Black Friday has a strong negative connotation, referring to a stock market catastrophe. …MARK SKOUSEN.
- Price is what you pay; value is what you get. Whether we are talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down. …WAREN BUFFET.
- The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator. …BEN GRAHAM.
- Every once in a while the market does something so stupid it takes your breath away. …JIM CRAMER.
- The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing. …PHILLIP FISHER.
- Know what you own, and know why you own it. …PETER LYNCH.
- I am only rich because I know when I am wrong… I basically have survived by recognizing my mistakes. …GEORGE SOROS.
- I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful. …WARREN BUFFET.
- Learn every day, but especially from the experiences of others. It’s cheaper. …JOHN BOGLE.
- Wide diversification is required when investors do not understand what they are doing. …WARREN BUFFET.
- The stock market is the story of cycles and of human behavior that is responsible for overreactions in both directions. …SETH KLARMAN.
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. …BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.
- Emotions are your worst enemy in the stock market. …DON HAYS.
- The key to making money, in stock is not to get scared out of them. …PETER LYNCH.
- Average investor who tries to do a lot of trading will only make their brokers rich. …MICHAEL JENSON, Finance Professor, Harvard.
- Rule # 1 : Don’t lose money. Rule # 2 : Don’t forget Rule # 1. …WARREN BUFFET.
- The secret to investing is to figure out the value of something – and then pay a lot less. …JOEL GREENBLATT.
- Behind every stock is a company. Find out what it’s doing. …PETER LYNCH.
- Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He, who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t pays it. …ALBERT EINSTEIN.
- In many ways, the stock market is like the weather in that if you don’t like the current conditions all you have to do is wait a while. …LOW SIMPSON.
- Invest for the long term. …LOW SIMPSON.
- Although it’s easy to forget sometimes, a share is not a lottery ticket… its part ownership of a business. …PETER LYNCH.
- The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient. …WARREN BUFFET.
- When it comes to investing, we want our money to grow with the highest rates of return and the lowest risk possible. While there are no shortcuts to getting rich, there are smart ways to go about it. …PHIL TOWN.
- I hate weekends because there is no stock market. …RENE RIVKIN.
- One of the very nice things about the investing in the stock market is that you learn about all different aspects of the economy. It’s your window into the very large world. …RON CHERNOW.
- Mutual funds give people the sense that they’re investing with the big boys and that they’ve really not at a disadvantage entering the stock market. …RON CHERNOW.
- You get recessions, you have stock market declines. If you don’t understand that’s going to happen, then you are not ready, you won’t do well in the market. …PETER LYNCH.
- I think businesses live longer that are in the stock market. …BRUNELLO CUCINELLI.
- Never invest emergency saving in the stock market. …SUZE ORMAN.
- The stock market clearly values companies that can deliver disruptive innovation. …STEVE BLANK.
- Don’t blindly follow someone, follow market and try to hear what it is telling you. …JAYMIN SHAH.
- Never invest in stocks with borrowed money or a faint heart. Both are fatal. …MONOJ ARORA, The Autobiography of a Stock.
- Invest in a share what you can afford to lose. …SANDEEP SAHAJPAL.
- You never know what kind of set up market will present to you, your objective should be to find opportunity where risk reward ratio is best. …JAYMIN SHAH.
- Mutual funds do not allow for your intellectual growth, stocks do. And in life, wealth always catches up with your intellect. …MONOJ ARORA, The Autobiography of a Stock.
- Fear, inherently, is not meant to limit you; Fear is the brain’s way of saying that there is something important for you to overcome. …YVAN BYEAJEEE, The essence of Trading Psychology in one skill.
- In order to succeed, you first have to be willing to experience failure. …YVAN BYEAJEE, The essence of Trading Psychology in one skill.
- If you do chose to invest in a share, invest for the life time. … SANDEEP SAHAJPAL.
- Our favourite holding period is forever. …WARREN BUFFET.
- Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing. …WARREN BUFFET.
- The secret recipe for success in stock market is simple. 30% in market analysis skills, 30% in risk management, 30% in emotion control, and 10% in luck. …BENJAMIN LEE.
- I have two basic rules about winning in trading as well as life : 1. If you don’t bet, you can’t win. 2. If you lose all your chips, you can’t bet. …LARRY HITE.
- Do not underestimate the power of raging bull and, the strength of a bear in stock market. Both have the power to trample you to death if you fight against them. …BENJAMIN LEE.
- Time is more important than price. When time is up price will reverse. …W.D.GANN.
- Accepting loss is the most important single investment device to ensure safety of capital. …GERALD M. LOEB.
- Take your profits or someone else will take them for you. …J.J.EVANS.
- My main life lesson from investing: self-interest is the most powerful force on earth, can get people to embrace and defend almost anything. …JESSE LIVERMORE.
- Successful investing is anticipating the anticipations of others. …JOHN MAYNARD.
- Of all speculative blunders there are a few worse than trying to average a losing game. …JESSE LIVERMORE.
- Money is not the only thing we invest. We must also be good investors of our time, energy, focus and love. Our current life is a reflection of the wisdom of our past investments. …STEVE BURNS.
- Prepare for bad times and you will only know good times. …ROBERT KIYOSAKI.
- People who invest make money for themselves; people who speculate make money for their brokers. …BENJAMIN GRAHAM.
- But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game. … BENJAMIN GRAHAM.
- Trading is not a sprint; it is boxing. The market will beat you up, screw with your head, and do anything it can to defeat you. But when the bell sounds at the end of the twelfth round, you must be standing in the ring in order to win. …CURTIS FAITH.
- A winning strategy must include losing….RICH DAD.
- Good trading is not about being right, it’s about trading right. If you want to be successful, you need to think of the long run and ignore the individual traders. …CURTIS FAITH.
- Capital isn’t scarce; vision is. …SAM WALTON.
- Stocks don’t just move, they are moved. …JEFF COOPER.
- The greatest edges rich traders have over unprofitable traders are discipline, patience, perseverance, and a quantified winning system. …STEVE BURNS.
- The best traders have no ego. You have to swallow your pride and get out of the losses. …TOM BALDWIN.
- Fear is a stronger emotion than hope, which is why bear markets are always swifter than bull markets. …UNKNOWN.
- An investor without investment objectives is like a traveler without a destination. ….RALPH SEGER.
- It’s time, not timing, that makes money in the market. …UNKNOWN.
- Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. …LUCIUS ANNAEUS SENECA.
- Only those who are asleep make no mistakes. …INGVAR KAMPRAD.
- A successful trader has realistic plans. He knows his abilities and limitations. He sees what is happening in the market and knows how to react to it. …ALEXANDER ELDER.
- To be a good trader you need to trade with your eyes open, recognize real trends and terms, and not waste time or energy on regrets and wishful thinking. …ALEXANDER ELDER.
- Accepting losses is the most important single investment device to insure safety of capital. …GERALD M. LOEB.
- The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing. … PHILIP FISHER.
- Spend each day trying to be a little wiser than you were when you wake up. …CHARLIE MUNGER.
- The entrance strategy is actually more important than the exit strategy. …EDWARD LAMPERT.
- When it comes to investing, we want our money to grow with the highest rates of return, and the lowest risk possible. While there are no shortcuts to getting rich, there are smart ways to go about it. …PHILTOWN.
- It is not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for. …ROBERT KIYOSAKI.
- Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas. …PAUL SAMUELSON.
- Financial peace isn’t the acquisition of stuff. It’s learning to live as less than you make, so you can give money back and have money to invest. You can’t win until you do this. …DAVE RAMSEY.
- It is better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction. …WARREN BUFFET.
- … not doing what we love in the name of greed is very poor management of our lives. …WARREN BUFFET.
- If you aren’t thinking about owning a stock for 10 years, don’t even think about owning it for 10 minutes. …WARREN BUFFET.
- Tell me who your heroes are and I’ll tell you who you’ll turn out to be. …WARREN BUFFET.
- Opportunities come infrequently, when it rains gold, put out the bucket not the thimble. …WARREN BUFFET.
- Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing. …WARREN BUFFET.
- You’ve gotta keep control of your time, and you can’t unless you say no. You can’t let people set your agenda in life. … WARREN BUFFET.
- The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything. …WARREN BUFFET.
- In the world of business, the people who are most successful are those who are doing what they love. …WARREN BUFFET.
- Our favourite holding period is forever. …WARREN BUFFET.
- It is for better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. …WARREN BUFFET.
- I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute. … WARREN BUFFET.
- It is always better to buy a good stock at a bad price than buying a bad stock at a good price. …PROVERB/SAYING.
- The stock market is the story of cycles and of the human behavior that is responsible for overreactions in both directions. …SETH KLARMAN.
- Investment success does not require glamour stocks or bull markets. …JOHN NEFF.
I am very much sure that you have learnt something about stock market, investment etc. very clearly through the quotes given above. This knowledge may help you to become a better trader or investor.
Wish you all the best.
Happy trading and happy investing.