I want to contribute something on this International Yoga Day which is being celebrated on 21st June 2019.
I will be contributing one poem in English related to Yoga Day and also a poem in Hindi.
Now I am placing before you 52 selected Yoga Quotes which may be of great help for all of us….
- Yoga is the journey of the Self, to the Self, through the Self. …THE BHAGVAD GITA.
- Yoga is 99% practice and 1% theory….SRI K.PATTABHI JOIS.
- The attitude of gratitude is the highest yoga. …YOGI BHAJAN.
- Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live. …JIM ROHN.
- Yoga is not about touching your toes. It is what you learn on the way down. …JIGOR GOR.
- Inhale and God approaches you. Hold the inhalation, and God remains with you. Exhale and you approach God. Hold the exhalation, and surrender to God. …T.KRISHNAMACHARYA.
- Rid your body of its impurities, let your speech be true and sweet, feel friendship for the world, and with humility seek wealth and knowledge. …T.KRISHNAMACHARYA.
- Master your breath, let the self be in bliss, contemplate on the sublime within you. …T.KRISHNAMACHARYA.
- If we practice the science of Yoga, which is useful to the entire human community and which yields happiness both here and hereafter – if we practice it without fail, we will then attain physical, mental, and spiritual happiness, and our minds will flood towards the Self. …SRI K.PATTABHI JOIS.
- Body is not stiff, mind is stiff. …SRI K.PATTABHI JOIS.
- My body is my temple and asanas are my prayers. …SRI B.K.S.IYENGER.
- Yoga is like music. The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind, and the harmony of the soul creates the symphony of life. …SRI B.K.S.IYENGER.
- Breath is the king of mind. …SRI B.K.S.IYENGER.
- Yoga allows you to rediscover a sense of wholeness in your life, where you do not feel life you are constantly trying to fit broken piece together. …SRI B.K.S.IYENGER.
- Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better you practice, the brighter the flame. …SRI B.K.S.IYENGER.
- Another meaning of the word yoga is to tie the strands of the mind together. …SRI B.K.S.IYENGER.
- Yoga is a skill in action. …THE BHAGVAD GITA.
- Calming the mind is yoga, not just standing on the head. …SWAMI SATCHIDANANDA.
- It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. …BUDDHA.
- The nature of yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body. …JASON CRANDELL.
- True yoga is not about the shape of your body but the shape of your life. Yoga is not to be performed; yoga is to be lived. Yoga doesn’t care about what you have been; yoga cares about the person you are becoming. Yoga is designed for a vast and profound purpose, and for it to be truly called yoga, its essence must be embodied. …AADIL PALKHIVALA.
- Yoga begins with listening. When we listen, we are giving space to what is. RICHARD FREEMAN.
- Body benefits from movement and the mind benefits from stillness. …SAKYONG MIPHAM.
- The yoga pose you avoid the most you need the most. …ANONYMOUS.
- Yoga is not about self-improvement. It is about self-acceptance. …GURMUKH KOUR KHALSA.
- Yoga is the practice of quieting the mind …PATANJALI.
- I bend so I don’t break. …ANONYMOUS.
- Anyone who practices can obtain success in yoga but not one who is lazy. Constant practice alone is the secret of success. …SVATMARAMA.
- For those wounded by civilization, yoga is the most healing salve. …T.GUILLEMETS.
- Karma yoga is a supreme secret indeed. …BHAGVAD GITA.
- This yoga is not possible, for the one who eats too much, or who doesn’t eat at all, who sleeps too much, or who keeps awake. …BHAGVAD GITA.
- Beyond meditation there is the experience of now. …RAYAN PARENT.
- Plant the seed of meditation and reap the fruit of peace of mind. …ANONYMOUS.
- Yoga is almost like music in a way; there’s no end to it. …STING.
- Remedy of all illness lies in yoga and healthy lifestyle. …BABA RAMDEV.
- The very heart of yoga practice is ‘Abhyasa’ – steady effort in the direction you want to go. …SALLY KEMPTON.
- Yoga means addition – addition of energy, strength and beauty to body, mind and soul. …AMIT RAY.
- Yoga is not just repetition of few postures – it is more about the exploration and discovery of the subtle energies of life. …AMIT RAY.
- When you listen to yourself, everything comes naturally. It comes from inside, like a kind of will to do something. Try to be sensitive. That is yoga. …PETRI RAISANEN.
- Yoga teaches you how to listen to your body. …MARIEL HEMINGWAY.
- Yoga is the dance of every cell with the music of every breath that creates inner serenity and harmony. …DEBASISH MRIDHA.
- Exercises are like prose, whereas yoga is the poetry of movements. Once you understand the grammar of yoga, you can write your poetry of movements. …AMIT RAY.
- Yoga is not only a process of integration of the soul, mind, and body for self-improvement; it is a process of self-realization and self-acceptance. …DEBASISH MRIDHA.
- Yoga is the process of eliminating pain – pain from the body, mind and the society. …AMIT RAY.
- You may not be able to control the whole world, but you may learn to control your inner world through yoga. …DEBASISH MRIDHA.
- Yoga practice can make us more and more sensitive to subtler and subtler sensations in the body. Paying attention to and staying with finer and finer sensations within the body is one of the surest ways to steady the wandering mind. …RAVI RAVINDRA.
- Yoga is method to come to a non-dreaming mind. Yoga is the science to be in the here and now. …OSHO.
- Yoga not only allows you to learn to control your breathing but it ultimately enhances your abilities to harmonize your thoughts and enhances your inner beauty. …DEBASISH MRIDHA.
- With yoga, you go back to your source to bloom again with joy and inner peace. …DEBASISH MRIDHA.
- You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside. …MR. YOGA.
- When I started doing asana, the yoga postures, I had a very strong feeling of many unnecessary things dropping away – especially tension and inadequacy. …PATRICIA SULLIVAN.
- Yoga is a way to freedom. By its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anguish and loneliness. …INDIRA DEVI.
Collected by ….