A POEM, QUOTATIONS & A REAL STORY
Definition of Will (source Internet)
- the faculty by which a person decides on and initiates action.
“She has an iron will.”
- Control deliberately exerted to do something or to restrain one’s own impulses.
“A stupendous effort of will.”
Definition of Will Power
Will Power –Noun
- the ability to control your own thoughts and the way in which you behave.
“ it took a lot of will power to stay calm.”
“ I don’t have the will power to diet”
(Source Internet/ Cambridge English Dictionary)
Definition of Will Power
the ability to control yourself: strong determination that allows you to do something difficult ( such as to lose weight or quit smoking).
(Full definition of Will Power is energetic determination.)(source Internet/ Merriam Webster’s learner’s Dictionary)
WILL POWER (A POEM)
Will Power is a superlative power
More than horse power
More than physical power
An unseen spirit
A great strength
A great driving force generated within
To make you highly motivated
Yes- This is will power
The power of all powers.
With will power- certainly
You can accomplish anything you want
It empowers you
You can attain mega power
To succeed and reach great heights
In all chosen fields of your life.
Will power- It is unique inner strength
Prompts you to take decision
Makes you determined to take action
Helps you to accomplish all tasks
Encourages you immensely
And pushes you to reach all goals perfectly.
Will power- diffuses, kills and clears
All types of inner resistances and discomforts
Will power and self discipline are great friends
Friends for ever and made for each other
Together they are great force
Always have edge over others.
Will power- generates and regenerates
New energy, new power and new inspiration
To inspire and propel you
“To go that extra mile”
In any chosen field of your life.
Will power- you are steely with inner firmness
Show solid decisiveness
And rock like determination
With lasting resolution
Unmatchable persistence you are
Wow! Everybody has to wonder
You are certainly a superlative power
You are mega power- You are mega power.
WILL POWER QUOTES
- With but few exceptions, it is always the underdog who wins through sheer will power. JOHNNNY WEISSMULLER
- In the absence of will power the most complete collection of virtues and talents is wholly worthless. ALEISTER CROWLEY
- Will power is the key to success. Successful people strive no matter what they feel by applying their will to overcome apathy, doubt or fear. DAN MILLMAN
- Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from indomitable will. MAHATMA GANDHI
- It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it. DOUGLAS MACARTHUR
- Great Souls have wills; feeble ones have wishes. CHINESE PROVERB
- When the will is ready the fit are light. ENGLISH PROVERB
- I have will power and determination. I am very resilient, like rock. CAMIE WILSON
- People don’t lack strength; they lack will. VICTOR HUGO.
- Heroism does not occur from taking orders, but rather from people who through their own will power and strength are willing to sacrifice their lives for an idea. THOR HEYERDAHL
- There is no great talent without great will power. HONORE De BLAZAC
- The will is the keystone in the arch of human achievement. It is the culmination our complex mental faculties. It is the power that rules minds , men and nations. THOMAS PARKER BOYD
- Where the willingness is great difficulties can not be great. NICCOLO MACHIAVELLI
- Will power is to the mind like a strong blind man who carries on his shoulders a lame man who can see. ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER
- Nothing can withstand the power of the human will if it is willing to stake its very existence to the extent of it’s purpose. BENJAMIN DISRAELI
- The will of man is his happiness. JOHANN FRIEDRICH VON SCHILLER
- Will is character in action. WILLIAM Mc. DOUGALL
- Where there is will there is a way. ENGLISH PROVERB
- It is by will alone that I set my mind in action. UNKNOWN
STORY ON WILL POWER
An extra Ordinary story of Tremendous Will Power
Pune trekker enters Limca Book of Records-
Gopal Vasudev Lele
IN THE last 40 years, city-based Gopal Vasudev Lele, who is 81 years, has been to Himalayas on a trek more than 10 times. A week-long trek that he completed in September has recently got him an entry in the Limca Book of Records for being the oldest trekker. The trek was to Rupin Pass that is situated at a height of 15,350 ft in Himachal Pradesh. Staying in a tent and braving the rain, snowfall, landslide and temperature that was as low as minus 7 degree Celsius, Lele successfully completed the trek.
“I don’t feel like an ‘81-year-old’, I regard myself as 81-years-young,” says Lele. Even at this age, the octogenarian walks for nearly eight kms daily, performs suryanamaskar, does other physical exercises and climbs a tekdi near Mumbai-Pune Highway once a week.
“I bring rigorous change in my routine whenever I plan a trek to the Himalayas. For instance, I will be covering Roopkund in Uttarakhand in September, for which I will start preparing from next month onwards. I increase the frequency of climbing tekdi so that I am better prepared by the time the trek nears,” says Lele, a resident of Pradhikaran, who does not suffer from any old-age ailments such as blood pressure, diabetes and arthritis, among others.
“I have often heard people saying that there’s less oxygen in high altitude areas. I have trekked Himalayas number of times but have never felt breathless. I think health and fitness is all in the mind. Sitting here in comfortable homes, one should not imagine things,” says Lele, who’s been trekking since 1972 and has covered places such as Kedarnath, Kailash, Kanchenjunga and Sangla, among others.
Hailing from Baroda, Lele, who was an electrical and automobile engineer by education, shifted to Pune in 1964. After working in different factories, he set up his own business over 25 years ago. Even now, though the factory is managed by his son, he visits it daily. Since the past seven years, Lele is a part of a city-based trekking group named Treknik.
Based on his years of experience, he says that trekking Himalayas require planning and method. “One should not hurry up because it’s not a race. Besides, months of preparation that requires focus on physical fitness, is needed. One cannot decide just one fine day to trek Himalaya,” says Lele, adding that the younger generation especially, should focus on fitness more than earning money as it is an investment that will pay in the long run.
Written by Garima Rakesh Mishra | Pune | Indian Express
I think you all will agree that this is a real story of Great Will Power and Determination. I wish many young people take lesson from Mr. Lele to lead a life , full of adventure and satisfaction. Here I take the opportunity to give my own quotation on will power. …..
“ I don’t have wings but will power. I trust my actions more than my fate. I encourage and care my dreams. I am sure to fly high.”