Welcome to 77 Shikhar Dhawan Quotes along with some interesting facts about him. The quotes will reveal the struggle, determination, willpower of Shikhar Dhawan. It also tells about his journey as an International cricketer of repute.
Shikhar Dhawan is an Indian International Cricketer. He was born on 05.12.1985. He is a left-handed opening batsman and an occasional right-arm off-break bowler.
Shikhar Dhawan plays for Delhi in domestic cricket and Delhi Capitals in the IPL. He played for the Indian Under-17 and Under-19 before making his first class debut for Delhi in November 2004.
Shikhar Dhawan was the leading run-scorer for India in 2015 World Cup. In the following year, he became the fastest Indian to reach 3000 ODI runs. In December 2017, he became the second fastest Indian to reach 4000 ODI runs. He also holds the record for most runs in a calendar year in Twenty20 International Cricket (689 runs). He is also known for his successful and crucial knocks in ICC Tournaments.
Shikhar Dhawan made his International Debut against Australia in October 2010 at Vishakhapatnam. He also played against the same team Australia for Test Debut in March 2013 at Mohali. He scored the fastest century by any batsman on test debut and scored 187 runs from 174 balls.
Shikhar Dhawan is a prolific scorer in ICC tournaments. He top scored in the 2004 Under-19 World Cup. And also top scored in the 2013 and 2017 Champions Trophy.
Let us go through Wikipedia for details of his career….
Dhawan in 2015
|Born||5 December 1985 (age 34)
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Bowling||Right-arm off spin|
|Test debut (cap 277)||14 March 2013 v Australia|
|Last Test||7 September 2018 v England|
|ODI debut (cap 188)||20 October 2010 v Australia|
|Last ODI||19 January 2020 v Australia|
|ODI shirt no.||25|
|T20I debut (cap 36)||4 June 2011 v West Indies|
|Last T20I||10 January 2020 v Sri Lanka|
|T20I shirt no.||42|
|Domestic team information|
|2008||Delhi Daredevils (squad no. 25)|
|2009–2010||Mumbai Indians (squad no. 25)|
|2011-2012||Deccan Chargers (squad no. 25)|
|2013–2018||Sunrisers Hyderabad (squad no. 25)|
|2019-present||Delhi Capitals (squad no. 25)|
|Source: ESPNcricinfo, 19 January 202|
When I scored my first century, I naturally lifted my arms up, feeling very happy, looking at the Almighty above. That became my signature style. All the things are natural not practiced….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I worked really hard and changed myself and became a more mature player. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I believe in my abilities. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I know I perform best when I stay calm. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- It’s good sometimes when you fall, you learn a lot of things out of it. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I enjoy the company of overseas people. It’s always good learning. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I have loved coming back to Vizag. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- You are bound to undergo hardships, and it has been no different for me. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- The support of the coaches Ricky Ponting and Sourav Ganguly their experience as captain along with the belief they instill is great. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I know my technique suits all sorts of wickets, so I just back myself. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- You have to work on your fitness, maintain it. I try to do it whenever I have an off day. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Once you are experienced, your mind is calm and at ease. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Short selection is very important because you don’t want to lose wickets at the start and put pressure on the rest of the side. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I will make a lot of mistakes and have to learn from them. It is part and parcel of the captaincy. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I feel, if keep hitting the same shot, I get better at it. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- To have healthy competitions among players for places in the team is good for Indian cricket and the game in general. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I realized that I have the ability to play at the highest level and started to work harder. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- The most important thing to keep our basics strong both in batting and bowling. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Working with Ravi Shashtri as team Director was good experience. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I feel good to work with Kumble bhai. He is a well-read person and a dedicated coach. I also like his aggressive approach to the game. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- When things don’t go your way, it bites you from within, and you have to find a way to get out of it. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- The hunger for runs is always there, irrespective of whether I was getting runs or not. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I guess people think that I am quite a serious guy with my looks, but I am not. I am totally the opposite. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- As a batsman, I want to stay as long as possible at the crease. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I want to keep scoring runs consistently. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I am cool and aggressive, aggressive from inside and cool from outside. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Apart from my parents and coach Tarak Sinha, my wife has been a big support, and so has been my two daughters. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- It is very important to take a break and feel fresh, which we Indian cricketers don’t get much of, so we are not used to it. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I try to back myself as much as possible. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Everyone has their own individuality and character. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I am happy that whatever I dreamt of achieving. I have done that. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- You’ve got to believe in yourself that you will get runs for your team. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- With time, you do get mature. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I try to back myself as much as possible. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Technique is the main thing when it comes to success at the top level. The sound temperament comes into work only when you have a sound technique. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- If we focus on processes, the results will automatically take care of themselves. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Before I made my Test debut, I had played nearly nine years of first-class cricket. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I am not that sort of a guy who feels the pressure. I have the ability to remain unfazed. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- If I get good delivery, I just defend it, and if I get a loose ball, then I hit it and make runs. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Swing has always been my strength, and I am also working hard on it. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I started listening to Sufi music when I was 21. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I only like songs with strong lyrics. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- With time, I am knowing my game better. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Yes, I have an Australian wife; she is half Bengali, half British. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I still remember when I debuted for India in One-dayers and got out on zero against Australia only. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- In domestic cricket-whether it is Ranji Trophy or other first-class matches-in the first year, not many opponents will know about your game, but by the time you are into third or fourth year, the opponents would have found out your strength and weaknesses, and they will work on it. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Now, I am seen as a successful cricketer, but the fact is that I have had more failure than success. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I like embracing other culture. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- A lot of guys worry about their form. For me, it is just about being persistent and patient. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Some failures should not over shadow all the wins. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I do not read Newspapers. I do not take any information which I don’t want to take. I make sure I keep my composure. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Since coming into T20s, I have improved a lot in the death overs. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- One thing about me is that I don’t like to be sad all the time. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I love doing my fitness drills and work on my skill level. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I think it is good thing for Indian cricket that there is so much competition for opening slot. Players put in more effort because you can be kicked out if you don’t play well and make mistakes. I take it positively and try to ensure that I give my best. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- It happens with every bats man, sometimes, despite feeling good in the nets, you don’t score runs in the match. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I have tweaked little things in my game, nothing major. When you change little things, the impact is big. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I love having fun and make people laugh. And that’s my quality, which has been blessed by God and I love doing it, bringing smiles on the face of people. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- The want to get more runs increases when there is a dearth of it. At those times, it is important to be patient and keep you calm. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I said jokingly that if you bat like a king; you should also get out like a king; you should not be dismissed like a soldier. If you have made runs aggressively then you will get out that way too. That’s how it is. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I have been captain for my Delhi team. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- It’s great feeling to be captaining the Sunrisers team. It’s really an honour for me, and I am looking forward to do the job. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- IPL is a platform for players to get noticed and may be make it to the Indian team, but the focus should be on performance rather than thinking about Indian selection. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- People can be critical about your game, but no one knows better than the player as to what he needs. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- As you go along the way, you learn new things but my basic game has remained the same. You learn about the mental aspect of the game as in how to disturb the flow of the bowlers. You get matured with experience. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- You have to respect the bowler, and every batsman has their way of tackling the spinners. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- The people tell me about my records in ICC events, but frankly speaking the intent has always been the same. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I now have a better understanding of my game than what it was in 2013 in my first year in Test Cricket. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Once you score big runs at the start of your international career, you get really confident because that is one part which is really tough, as every player is nervous at the start of the career. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- If you score runs against an international attack, the self-belief automatically increases. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- When things don’t go your way, The hunger for runs is always there, irrespective of whether I was getting runs or not. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- We all should be happy. We have got one life. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I like to keep myself fit at the pace of the game. I just focus on my process, including my fitness, skills and fielding. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- When I was not doing well, I was just focusing on my processes. And when I am doing well, I am still processing my processes. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- When the ball is swinging, you really need to play close to your body. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- Once I am in, I can demolish any side because that is my strength. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- I make sure I cut down the negative thoughts and accept the reality there is. If it is going good, it is good. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
- At the end of the day, my job is to play cricket, and till the time I am playing against any opposition, I am happy. ….SHIKHAR DHAWAN
SOMETHING MORE ABOUT SHIKHAR DHAWAN :
- Shikhar Dhawan is the product of Sonnet Cricket Club under the guidance and care of coach Tarak Sinha since the age of 12. Sonnet Cricket Club has produced many Indian cricketers like Atul Wasan, Ashish Nehra, Ajay Sharma, Aakash Chopra, Raman Lamba etc.
- Shikhar Dhawan started playing cricket as a wicket keeper.
- He scored a hundred Under-15 School Tournament.
- Shikhar Dhawan was named as the player of the tournament at the Under-19 World clup in Bangladesh in 2003-04 with 505 runs at an average of 84.16 including three centuries.
- Shikhar Dhawan has 16 centuries and as many as 24 half centuries in first class cricket for Delhi.
- He played for India Masters before he played for India.
- Shikhar Dhawan is Delhi’s leading run maker in the Ranji Trophy with total of 461 runs in six matches.
- He made ODI Debut for India against Australia in the 2010-11 seasons. He was bowled by Clint McKay on the very second delivery for a duck.
- Dhawan is a huge fan of Sufi music. His favourites are Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and the Wadala Brothers.
- Dhawan is a big Tatoo freak. His first tattoo was at the age of 18. He has inked himself four times. He has got ‘Carpe Diem’ on his left arm, a tribal sign on his right arm and on his back a very interesting tattoo.
- Shikhar Dhawan was introduced to Ayesha, his wife by Harbhajan Singh on social networking site, facebook.
- They have a son and two daughters from Ayesha’s previous marriage.
- He has nick-names like ‘Gabbar’, ‘Jatt-jee’ etc.
- Shikhar Dhawan has an unbeatable record for most runs in a calendar year in T20 International.
Also please read :–
Shikhar Dhawan is a talented, calm, cool player with measured aggression as per the requirement of the situation. He has been a great team player and contributing positively for the Indian team in all format of the game. He is really an asset.