ROHIT SHARMA : THE HIT MAN
On debut, as a Test Opener of India
Rohit Sharma is sparkling
Wow! wow!! wow!!!
Records he is breaking
Records he is creating
Hit man Rohit is hitting sixes after sixes
What a talent he is!
He makes batting look so easy
He is never lazy
You can call him a Superstar and crazy.
In the recent Test Series of India vs. South Africa
Held in Indian soil
The Series is over
Rohit Sharma has made a comeback to the Test squad
With bang, bang and bang
Three matches, three innings, two centuries, one double century
What an incredible performance
He is the biggest contributor
He has scored 529 runs in the series
With his help, India could get massive win
It’s a complete whitewash
Biggest contributor is Rohit Sharma, My Dear.
What a splendid concentration he has
He has the art and ability to convert fifties into hundreds
Hundreds into double hundred
Lo! He is the record holder in the series
Hats off Rohit!
Hats off to you!!
You are able to punish the opponent well
You have created records and histories in this series
You have provided solution to the opening player for India
Everybody praises including media
Wow! You are a talent very rare.
Poem by – Ratikanta Singh
Let us go through the records of Rohit Sharma in this series here…
- Rohit eclipses Don Bradman for highest batting average at home
Indian Opener, Rohit Sharma surpassed legendary Sir Don Bradman recording the highest batting average in Test Cricket on home soil among those, who have played at least 10 innings.
Rohit who hit 212 runs in India’s first innings in the third and final Test against South Africa, now has a average of 99.84 in 18 innings, which is highest by any player with minimum 10 innings in the longest format at home.
Rohit has so far scored 1298 runs in the 18 completed innings. The record was previously held by Bradman, who had an average of 98.22 across 50 innings at home in which he scored 4322 runs.
Rohit also became the third Indian player after Sachin Tendulkar and Virender sehwag to score double hundred in both Test & ODI.
For the record, Rohit has three double hundreds in 50-over format. …AGENCIES/RANCHI.
- Rohit Sharma is the first Indian Opener to hit three centuries in a three Test Series (the third is a double century).
- Rohit Sharma has struck 11 sixes against offie Dane Pledt, the most by any batsman against a single bowler in a series.
- Rohit Sharma has struck 17 numbers of sixes. This is the maximum number of sixes by any player in a series. He has surpassed 15 sixes by West Indian Simron Hetmyer against Bangladesh in 2018-19.
- Rohit Sharma with 529 runs has become the first Indian to score 500+ runs in a Test series against South Africa. He bettered Mohd. Azharuddin’s 388 (average 77.60) in three Tests in 1996-97.
- Rohit has become the only second Indian after the great Sunil Gavaskar to score three or more centuries in a single Test. Gavaskar had achieved this feat twice against the mighty West Indians and once against Australia.
- Rohit Sharma is now the fourth batsman in the world with double hundred in both Tests and ODIs. This record he shares with Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar and Chris Gayle.
- Rohit Sharma has become the third Indian opener after Virender Sehwag (319 at Chennai in March 2008) and Mayank Agarwal (215 at Vishakhapatnam in October 2019). To record an innings of 200+ against South Africa in Test.
- What Rohit had to say to Media…
“Had I failed as opener, a lot would have happened. You guys (the media) would have written a lot of things.” …Rohit Sharma.
…Collected by Ratikanta Singh.