What is patience?
Patience is the ability to endure difficult circumstances such as perseverance in the face of delay; tolerance of provocation without responding in annoyance/anger; or forbearance when under strain…Wikipedia.
Meaning of patience:
- The ability to wait, or to continue doing something despite difficulties or to suffer without complaining or becoming annoyed.
- The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, problems, or suffering without being annoyed or anxious.
- You have to have such a lot of patience when you are dealing with kids.
- In the end I lost my patience and soughed at her.
- He is a good teacher, but he doesn’t have much patience with the slower pupils.
Patience: A poem
Patience is life’s essence
In every step of our life, it has it’s prominence
Patience is a virtue, everybody must posses
Without patience, life can be zero and useless.
Patience always mean- Do something or many things
Wait and expect for the result and think positive
Patience does not mean do nothing
Only wait and wait to expect a magic with result very positive.
Patience and discipline are a must to prosper
They are like a twin force to transform
Better to learn these two when one is young
This will make you certainly strong
Have patience with discipline and make this a habit
It will make your life a grand success and you will be hit.
What is patience?
Theoretically- people throughout the world know this
You must be hearing many people say….
“Patience is the key to success
Good things come to the people who wait
Patience is a virtue
Be patient, you will get the best of what you desire
Learn to be patient; the world will open up to you
Be patient- your patience will be rewarded too”
Many people preach many things but don’t practice
Without practice, patience will never improve or increase
Please practice to have patience and more patience
It will help you to acquire positive attitude
You will get your success of higher magnitude
Patience also helps you to be empathetic
You can transform your relationships
You can be more optimistic
Patience will help you to decrease and control frustrations
Helps you to avoid making hasty decisions
Also helps you to make informed judgment and decisions
It is seen and experienced
Patience makes us better people
Helps us to improve our personality
People with patience enjoy better mental health
Brings tenacity and helps us to achieve our goals
Patience is very much linked with good health
Also make us better friends and neighbor
Patience is also one of most useful wealth
If health and patience are lost
You will suffer the most.
Everybody wants to be fast and super fast
Their expectations for convenience and efficiency are high
Nothing wrong in this
But everything does not happen as you wish
This creates stress and frustration
Our mind body may have malfunction.
Patience is the reserved strength
Can take you to any length
You can have success, wealth, peace and prosperity
Learn to have patience and utilize patience
To be healthy, wealthy and wise with lot of dignity.
QUOTES ON PATIENCE
1. Patience is not simply the ability to wait- it’s how we behave while we’re waiting. …JOYCE MEYER.
2. Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. …NAPOLEON HILL.
3. Two powerful warriors are patience and time. …LEO TOLSTOY.
4. Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. …RALPH WALDO EMERSON.
5. Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance. …SAMUEL JOHNSON.
6. Patience is the companion of wisdom. …SAINT AUGUSTINE.
7. Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy. …SAADI.
8. We could never learn to be brave and patient, if there were only joy in the world. …HELEN KELLER.
9. Patience is a virtue, and I’m learning patience. It’s tough lesson. …ELON MUSK.
10. Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious. …PHILLIPS BROOKS.
11. Alcohol gives you infinite patience for stupidity. …SAMMY DAVIS Jr.
12. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet. …JEAN –JACQUES ROUSSEAU.
13. The taste of good manners is to be patient with the bad ones. …SOLOMON IBN GABRIOL.
14. The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it. …ARNOLD H. GLASOW.
15. If you would know strength and patience, welcome the company of trees. …HARL BORLAND.
16. With love and patience, nothing is impossible. …DAISAKU IKEDA.
17. Genius is patience. …ISSAC NEWTON.
18. Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and its cowardice…GEORGE JACKSON.
19. Have patience with all things. But, first of all with yourself. …SAINT FRANCIS DE SALES.
20. Endurance is nobler than strength and patience than beauty. …JOHN RUSKIN.
21. Patience and diligence, like faith, remove mountains. …WILLIAM PENN.
22. Genius is eternal patience. …MICHEL ANGELO.
23. Beware the fury of a patient man. …JOHN DRYDEN.
24. Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting. …ANONYMOUS.
25. God has perfect timing; never early, never late. It takes a little patience and it takes a lot of faith but it’s worth the wait….ANONYMOUS.
26. Stay patient and trust the journey. …ANONYMOUS.
27. Two things define you : your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything. George Bernard Shaw.
28. Patience is also a form of action. …ANONYMOUS.
29. Our patience will achieve more than our force. …EDMUND BURKE.
30. Patience is when you are supposed to get mad, but you choose to understand. …ANONYMOUS.
31. Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in your mind. …DAVID G. ALLEN.
32. Be patient, good things take time. …ANONYMOUS.
33. Patience is the companion of wisdom. …ANONYMOUS.
34. Tolerance and patience should not be read as signs of weakness, they are signs of strength. …ANONYMOUS.
35. My dad said to me – work hard and be patient. It was the best advice he ever gave me. You have to put the hours in. …SIMON COWELL.
36. Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve. …ANONYMOUS.
37. Patience and fortitude conquer all things. …RALPH WALDO EMERSON.
38. When you encounter various trials, big or small, be full of joy. They are opportunities to learn patience. …SCOTT CURRAN.
39. To lose patience is to lose the battle. …MAHATMA GANDHI.
40. Patience is the key to contentment. …The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
41. It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die. Than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. …JULIUS CAESAR.
42. Patience is a key element of success. …BILL GATES.
43. All great achievements require time. …MAYA ANGELOU.
Now three short stories are placed before you taken from internet website.
Story-1 from website-www.english-for-students.com/
Story-2 from smilepls.com/stories
Story-3 from english-for-students.com
I thank all the authors.
Once, a king had announced that anyone who wanted the post of personal assistant must meet him. Many people gathered in the palace. The king led them to a pond and said, “Whoever will fill this pond’s water in this pot will be chosen for the post. But remember, there is a hole in the pot.”
So some people left without a single try. While some people tried for once and then said, “The king has already chosen someone else. Let’s go.”
But one man kept filling the pot with pond water patiently. He filled the water in the pot from the pond and came out on the ground. But always within few moments, the water poured on the ground completely. He tried that uncountable numbers of times. At last the pond became empty. The man found a diamond ring in the empty pond and he gave it to the king.
At this the king said, “This ring is a reward for your patience and hard work. You are fit for the job.”
So the man confirmed that patience pays
SHORT STORY -2
THE BEAUTY OF PATIENCE
Every job is a challenging one. But we have to have patience and a cool head to succeed in real life. Here is the story of a salesman who achieved something which he never expected.
There was a salesman called Ramesh in Kerala, a state in the southern part of India. He was honest, polite and hard working. It was the month of June (start of monsoon in Kerala) when he got his first assignment in his new office. He was given a list of prospects whom he has to approach and sell the product.
Surprisingly he realized that the list is full of local Keralan laundry owners! He got scared and thought he won’t be able to achieve the desired target. He approached his senior, Monty but got little help. So he went back to his desk, thought for a moment and accepted the challenge as he had no other option left!
The next morning he started approaching the laundry owners and within 15 days he got some really nice responses. Almost 80% of them purchased his product but, in credit, and everyone promised to pay him off within the next 15 days. He was delighted as he knew that his job is almost done! And so was his senior Monty. But he didn’t know that the next one month was going to be tougher than what he expected.
On the last week of June amidst heavy showers he started visiting the laundry owners’ place to collect money. Upon visiting half of them he realized that he has collected not a single penny. And the same trend continued for the next 7 days. He was frustrated, demoralized, impatient and so was Monty.
Ramesh explained everything to Monty including the peculiar behavior he noted amongst the laundry owners – whenever he knocked the owners, they used to look at the sky before asking him to come the next day. Listening this his senior smiled once and said that he is ‘on track’ and will soon get some good results. He never realized for once what payment has to do with the sky!
After almost 14 days, on a bright sunny monday morning Ramesh started visiting the laundry owners once again. Though it was the midst of monsoon season, it didn’t rain heavily for the last three days. Suddenly by noon Ramesh realized that he has collected the payments from almost 50% of the laundry owners which was almost unbelievable!
He worked hard throughout the day and by the day end he had completed 90% of his target for June and July. He was thrilled and so was his senior. By month end he went on to become the ‘star performer’ for the month of June, July and was handed over the letter of confirmation by the management. It was like a roller coaster ride for him!
Yet he wondered what the sky has to do with the payment! Why the laundry owners used to look at the sky and tell him to come the next day? To solve this mystery he went to a laundry owner and asked the same question. The owner laughed at him and said, “Son this is the month of monsoon and we have to wash the clothes, dry them off, iron them before handing them off to the customers. Now if the sun doesn’t shine how can we dry our clothes, earn enough to pay you?”.
Ramesh recollected his memories and smiled at the owner and realized that it was his patience and endurance that kept him going and ultimately helped him achieve the pinnacle of success. It’s his zeal, motivation and due diligence that converted into fruitful results.
Moral of the Story
Like Ramesh everyone of us should realize that apart from being a honest hard worker, if we can keep our patience and wait for our turn to come, we will gradually inch towards the ladder of success!
The King and The Spider
Let us enjoy reading this story of The King and TheSpider.
Vikram was a brave king. Once, he had to fight against a large army with just a few soldiers, he was defeated. He had to run for his life.
Vikram took shelter in a forest cave. He was very depressed. His courage had left him. He was blankly gazing at the ceiling of the cave. An interesting scene captured his attention.
A small spider was trying to weave a web across the cave ceiling. As the spider crawled up, a thread of the web broke and the spider fell down. But the spider did not give up. He tried to climb again and again. Finally, the spider successfully climbed up and completed the web.
Vikram began to think, “If a small spider can face failure so bravely, why should I give up? I will try with all might till I win”. This thought gave strength to the defeated king.
Vikram got out of the jungle and collected his brave soldiers. He fought against the large army. He was defeated again. But now, he would not give up his fight.
Vikram again and again fought against the large army and finally, after many attempts defeated the large army and regained his kingdom. He had learnt a lesson from the spider.
MORAL : Perseverance paves way to success.
I think you have enjoyed and understood how important patience is………
Increase patience and enjoy a meaningful life…….