Eighth episode is ready for you. Some more information I want to share. As I have mentioned earlier the information/news are taken from Newspapers, TV and Internet. I am not adding anything from my side. Just I am playing the role of a compiler so that you can get some of the important information from this article. This time I am giving 23 points/information in this regard.
- Former Prime Minister H.D.Deve Gowda will contest the L.S. Polls from Tumkur. He has ceded the Hassan seat that he had been representing to his grandson Prajwal.
- Stop ads featuring Hema Malini : RLD to EC.
Rashtriya Lok Dal urged the Election Commission to stop all advertisements featuring cine star Hema Malini, who has been renominated as BJP candidate from Mathura.
- 111 TN farmers to contest against Modi in Varanasi :
Tamil Nadu farmers’ leader said the decision to contest the polls from Uttar Pradesh was to urge the BJP to include in their manifesto the farmers’ demands, including ‘profitable prices’.
- Kamal Haasan to campaign for TMC’s Andaman candidate.
- NCP releases manifesto; assures complete loan waiver to farmers.
- Senior UP BJP leader expelled from dubbing parties top leadership as ‘Gujarati Thugs’.
- LS Polls: BJP fields Odisha ex-top cop (DGP Prakash Mishra) from Cuttack.
- Cong Poll Pledge : Rs. 72,000 a year Dole for the poorest :
(Minimum income guarantee for 50 million families)
- The Congress on Monday (25.03.2019) announced it will transfer upto Rs. 6000.00 a month in the accounts of 50 million poorest of the poor families if it comes to power, thus turning the focus back on economic issues ahead of next month’s general election.
- If voted to power Cong would first form an expert committee to decide details like pilot projects and periodic review mechanism.
- Cong’s minimum income scheme based on Amartya Sen’s Poverty Index:
Congress Nyay Scheme is based on Amartya Sen’s Index Poverty. According to the Sen Index, among the poor people there are several categories of very poor, poor and others. So the party is planning to provide for the poverty gap to every family to make it reach the level of Rs. 12000.00 per month.
- Cong to promise house for homeless SCs/STs and OBCs.
- Amend Constitution to allow reservation in promotions and passage of women’s reservation bill would be part of manifesto.
- Manifesto to tap great potential in the farm sector by setting cold storage plants.
- Mamata to release party manifesto with eye on National audience :
The Trinamool manifesto this time won’t be a state-level affair only, party chief Mamata Banerjee may pick some of her success stories in West Bengal such as Kanyashree scheme and put them on offer for the national audience when Trinamool aim for a bigger role in government formation in New Delhi.
- A delegation of Left leaders met the Election Commission and opposed the April release of biopic based on Narendra Modi, referring to it as propaganda material that seeks to influence voters.
- In poll season, Govt. ensures farmers are covered :
Insurance payments to farmers fast-tracked, mechanism made more user-friendly and transparent.
- India’s leap in space defence :
(Our Missile can now destroy enemy satellites in space that threaten our national security)
India shot down one of its satellites in space on Wednesday 27.03.2019 with an anti-satellite missile to demonstrate this complex capability, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced. Declaring that India has established itself as a “Global Space Power” after the success of “Mission Shakti”, Modi said that the missile hit a live satellite flying in a Low Earth Orbit.
- EC Panel to probe if PM’s speech broke poll code :
Election Commission on Wednesday (27.03.2019) set up a Committee to examine the matter related to address of the Prime Minister to the nation in the light of the Model Code of Conduct which is in force for Lok Sabha Polls.
- Opposition not bothered about national security : Jaitley.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday (27.03.2019) slammed the opposition’s criticism over the timing of announcement of ‘Mission Shakti’ as ‘clerical objections’ and asserted that they were not at all bothered about national security.
- Rahul : Cong will increase representation of OBCs.
In an attempt to woo other backward classes to get major shares of their votes in the ongoing Lok Sabha election.
Rahul Gandhi also said that his party has decided to increase the representation of people from OBCs and give them a chance to become MLAs and MPs.
- Reactions on Mission Shakti : Narendra Modi, Prime Minister.
In the journey of every nation there are movements that bring utmost pride and have a historic impact on generation to come, one such moment is today.
- Reaction on Mission Shakti : Rahul Gandhi, Congress President.
Well done DRDO, extremely proud of your work. I would also like to wish the PM a very happy world Theatre Day.
- Reaction on Mission Shakti : Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal CM.
Today’s announcement is another limitless drama and publicity mongering by Modi desperately trying to reap political benefits at the time of election. This is a gross violation of Model Code of Conduct.
- Reaction on Mission Shakti : Akhilesh Yadav, Samajwadi Party Chief.
Today Narendra Modi got himself an hour of free TV and divert(ed) nation’s attention away from the issues on the ground – unemployment, rural crisis and women security – by pointing at the sky.
- Reaction on Mission Shakti : Sitaram Yechury, CPM General Secretary.
This announcement comes in the midst of the ongoing election campaign where the Prime Minister himself is a candidate. This is clearly a violation of the Model code of Conduct.
- Reaction on Mission Shakti : Mayawati, BSP Supremo.
Congratulations to Indian Defense Scientists for the successful experiment of shooting down a satellite in the space. But the Prime Minister playing politics under its garb for electoral gains is most condemnable.
….Compiled by Ratikanta Singh
(This series will continue…)