Fifth episode is ready for you. Some more information I want to share. As I have mentioned earlier the information/news are taken from Newspapers, TV and Internet. I am not adding anything from my side. Just I am playing the role of a compiler so that you can get some of the important information from my site. This time I am giving 10 information in this regard.
- According to Delhi-based tracking firm Centre for Media Studies (CMS), the election exercise as a whole will cost a record 50,000 crore ($7 billion) as more than 8,000 candidates contest 543 seats. It did not give a comparable figure for 2014.
- According to directives by Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF), grouping, political parties have to pay in advance for ads. “They have to pay a premium. Plus in advance which is a major advantage for broadcasters.” …the Executives said.
- Opposition leaders move Supreme court for 50% VVPAT count :
In an unprecedented move, 21 non-NDA politicians led by Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister and TDP Boss N.Chandrababu Naidu have moved the Supreme Court seeking direction to the Election Commission to count VVPAT slips of atleast 50% of EVMs in the coming General Election.
- Besides BJP and Congress, Regional Parties are also spending big money for Ads.
- 4-time MLA Arjun Singh joins BJP. TMC shrugs off setback. Mr. Singh might be the BJP party’s Barrackpore candidate in the Lok Sabha Election.
- EC likely to send 125 Companies of CRPF for first phase of Lok Sabha Election in the state of West Bengal. As on today already they have started route march. Alipurduar and Coochbehar will be going to poll in the first phase.
- Cong’s Tom Vadakkan joins BJP :
Tom Vadakkan, Congress Spokesperson who helped Sonia Gandhi build a media team when she was the party chief, defected to the BJP on Thursday 14.3.2019.
- Sidhu to be Cong’s star campaigner :
Navjot Singh Sidhu, Minister of Tourism and Cultural Affairs of Punjab, is known for his trademark witty one liners. He has a way of connecting with the audience and has campaign value.
- Mayawati to campaign for long time rival Mulayam in Mainpuri on April19.
- Mayawati and Akhilesh will hold joint rallies in places such as Faizabad (Ayodhya) and PM’s Constituency Varanasi.
….Compiled by Ratikanta Singh
(This series will continue…)