(ON ELECTION COMMISSION OF INDIA)
01. Which is the year on which Election Commission of India was formed?
Ans. The Election commission of India was formed on 25.01.1950. This is also celebrated as National Voters Day. It is an Autonomous Constitutional Authority. It is responsible for administering election processes to Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha, State Legislative Assemblies and Legislative Councils in India and the offices of the President and Vice-President in India.
02. Where is the Head Quarter of Election Commission of India situated?
Ans. Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi.
03. Who is the present Chief Election Commissioner of India (2019)?
Ans. Mr. Sunil Arora, IAS, is the Chief Election Commissioner of India.
04. What is the present strength of employees in the office of Election Commission of India?
Ans. Around 300 (as on 09.09.2017)
05. What are the names of the other two Election Commissioner of India as on March 2019 during General Election in India?
Ans. The names are – (1) Ashok Lavasa, IAS, Election Commissioner of India
(2) Sunil Chandra, IRS (IT), Election Commissioner of India.
06. What is Article 324 of Constitution of India?
Ans. Article 324 of Constitution of India deals with superintendence, direction and control of elections to be vested in Election Commission.
07. Who can remove the Chief Election Commissioner of India?
Ans. A Chief Election Commissioner can be removed from the office only through impeachment by Parliament.
08. Who can remove the ECs (Election Commissioners)?
Ans. The President can remove the ECs on the recommendation of the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC).
09. What is the full form of NOTA?
Ans. The full form of NOTA is None Of The Above.
10. When NOTA was first used in India?
Ans. NOTA was first used on 27.09.2013. Supreme Court of India ordered the Election Commissioner to provide with ‘NOTA’ Button in all voting machines.
(Quiz 2 will come very soon)