Welcome to Cricket Quotes And Life Lessons…Welcome to 103 cricket quotes with nearly 3300 words. This is a lengthy post having various types of life lessons. These cricket quotes will very clearly tell about the nature of game, some history and how people (fans) look at it and how the players critically appreciate the game of cricket. Directly or indirectly Cricket Quotes And Life Lessons will surely help a lot of people.
Slowly cricket has evolved a lot. Different formats in cricket have come up. Every format of the game is appreciated by the fans. But test matches are the real tests of a player and it’s the ultimate which has come out from the cricket quotes given below.
Cricket is a sport that is played using a bat and a ball. It is recognized as one of the most prevalent sports in the world.
Cricket game consists of two teams that include 11 players each on a field at the centre of which is a 20 meter pitch (22 yards) with a wicket at the each end, comprises with two bails balanced on three stumps.
The main aim of the game is to score runs. Cricket is particularly famous in England and India. The different formats of the game are One Day International, Twenty20 and Test Matches. Each format has different set of rules and duration.
There is a lot of potential in cricket. This sport has provided good opportunity to earn well for the players.
01. No cricket team in the world depends on one or two players. They always play to win. …VIRAT KOHLI
02. You don’t win or lose the game because 11 you select. You win or lose with what those 11 do on the field. …RAHUL DRAVID
03. You don’t play for the crowd. You play for the country. …M.S.DHONI
04. Every morning I wake up, I believe that I could score runs for India. …SOURAV GANGULY
05. My first bat was shaped of a coconut branch. And from that day, all I wanted to do was to be a cricketer. …BRIAN LARA
06. Every batsman surveys the field before taking strike, and usually the fielders get in printed on his mind. But in my head, I don’t see the fielders. I only see the gaps. …RICKY PONTING
07. The joy of doing well as a batsman for your country is much more than that little joy of going for a party and enjoying music. It is a completely different high, and I get high by performances. That’s what I enjoy now. …VIRAT KOHLI
08. Test cricket is a bloody hard work, especially when you’ve get Sachin batting with what looks like a three meter wide bat. …MICHAEL HUSSEY
09. In the game of cricket it has always been customary to accord more adulation to batsman than to bowlers….IAR PEEBLES
10. A true batsman should in most of his strokes tell the truth about himself. …NEVILLE CARDUS
11. When you play test cricket, you don’t give the Englishmen an inch. Play it tough, all the way. Grind them into the dust….DONALD BRADMAN
12. Cricket is a most precarious profession; it is called a team game but, in fact, no one is so lonely as a batsman facing a bowler supported by 10 fields man and observed by two umpires to ensure that his error does not go unpunished. …JOHN ARLOTT
13. Cricket a game which the English, not being spiritual people, have invented in order to give themselves some conception of eternity. …BENJAMIN MANCROFT
14. Cricket is a pressure game, and when it comes to an India-Pakistan match the pressure is doubled. …IMRAN KHAN
15. Cricket is not illegal, for it is a manly game. …QUEEN ANNE
16. One Day cricket is like fast food. No one wants to cook. …VIV RICHARDS
17. Base Ball and cricket are beautiful and highly stylized medieval war substitutes, chess made flesh, a mixture of proud chivalry and base- in both senses- greed. …JOHN FOWLES
18. Cricket is a game played by 11 fools and watched by 11000 fools. …GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
19. If you play good cricket, a lot of bad things get hidden. …KAPIL DEV
20. The era of playing aggressive cricket and to have the mid-on up is gone. You now try to read the mindset of a batsman. …M.S.DHONI
21. Cricket is battle and service and sport and art. …DOUGLAS JARDINE
22. Cricket now is definitely a professional sport. …GLENN Mc.GRATH
23. One-day cricket is an exhibition. Test cricket is an examination. …HENRY BLOFELD
24. A good cricketer never loses his nerve. He just bats on! …ANTONY T.HINCKS
25. Cricket is full of theorists who can ruin your game in no time. …IAN BOTHAM
26. To me, cricket is a simple game. Keep it simple and just go out and play. …SHANE WARNE
27. Cricket is a team game…. If you want fame for yourself, go play an individual game. ….GAUTAM GAMBHIR
28. My aim is to play test matches. For me, there is a different field of test cricket as it tests your character. You come to know about your mental toughness, and most importantly, there is another level of satisfaction as a player. ….SURESH RAINA
29. I am just enjoying what cricket has given me. In sports, it’s obviously really important for all of us to remain fit – and health is wealth, so health comes with the sport. ….HARBHAJAN SINGH
30. I’ve always believed that cricket is played best when your mind is at the opposite end and that problems occurs when your mind is stuck at your own end. ….SACHIN TENDULKAR
31. Cricket was my reason for living…..LARWOO HAROLD
32. Yuvraj Singh is one of the best batsmen to watch in world cricket when he is in form. He is ego personified. Yuvraj doesn’t just hit the ball; he lets it rebound his aura. …JARROD KIMBER
33. I always breathe cricket. …KAPIL DEV
34. I am proud of what I have achieved in cricket, as once I didn’t think I was good enough. …SHANE WARNE
35. If you remain humble, people will give you love and respect even after you have finished with the game. As a parent, I would be happier hearing people say, “Sachin is a good human being” than “Sachin is a good cricketer” any day. …SACHIN TENDULKAR
36. I feel when somebody has been playing cricket for a long time; he creates a separate identity for himself. …SACHIN TENDULKAR
37. Crickets are like wives, you never know which way they will turn. …NAVJOT SINGH SIDHU
38. There are two types of captains in world cricket. One is M.S.Dhoni and the other are the all others. ….NAVJOT SINGH SIDHU
39. Cricket is my life. Before the cancer, I was happy go lucky. I used to think about my career and worry about the future. But past it, my thinking has completely changed. I am happy to eat and breathe normally. I am happy to have my life back. ….YUVRAJ SINGH
40. I delayed my father’s funeral because of cricket. …VIRAT KOHLI
41. Badminton is not as glamorous as cricket. …SAINA NEHWAL
42. I love watching Virat Kohli bat, because his aggression and passion reminds me of myself. …SIR VIV RICHARDS
43. Captaining is 90% luck and 10% skill. But don’t try it without that 10%. …RICHIE BENAUD
44. A good captain must be a fighter; confident but not arrogant, firm but not obstinate, able to take criticism without letting it unduly disturb him, for he is sure to get it – and unfairly too. …DON BRADMAN
45. I hate losing and cricket being my first love, once I enter the ground it’s a different zone altogether and that hunger for winning is always there. …SACHIN TENDULKAR
46. I don’t study cricket too much. Whatever I have learned or experienced is through cricket I have played on the field, and whatever little I have watched. …M.S.DHONI
47. Cricketers like Sachin comes once in a lifetime and I am privileged he played in my time. …WASIM AKRAM
48. Cricket to us was more than play; it was worship in the summer sun. …EDMUND BLUNDEN
49. I have never fought with anyone. A lot of people talk to me, and they are like, ‘Oh, you would have been fighting all the time when you were younger’, but I am like, ‘I never fought with anyone because I always knew that if I hurt myself, I might lose important time in my cricket career’, so I never got into any fight, even in my life. …VIRAT KOHLI
50. The people you chose to have around you make all the difference. My family and close friends keep me grounded. You have to have a mind of your own and a strong head on your shoulders. Cricket is the most important thing to me, so the rest of it pales in comparison. …VIRAT KOHLI
51. The difference between a score in the 90s and a century each often reflected as the difference between failure and success. It may be illogical, but in cricket, a century has his own magic. …GEOFFREY BOYCOTT
52. My whole obligation was towards English cricket. As I have always said, I have never made a run for me. Records meant nothing. The team was important. …GARFIELD SOBERS
53. If you are going to raise youngsters for test cricket that don’t have the experience, you can’t stick them into T20. You have got to teach them first how to play test cricket and if they are good enough for test cricket and if they want to play both formats, then they can. …GARFIELD SOBERS
54. When I grew up, my father used to say that cricket is not a profession, cricket cannot bring you food. But I think he lived to see the day when I was actually paid. …VIV RICHARDS
55. I have formed the Mahendra Singh Dhoni Charitable Trust which organizes cricket tournaments in Jharkhand to identify promising cricketers so that we can help groom them, either in India or abroad. …M.S.DHONI
56. Any active sportsman has to be very focused; you have got to be in the right frame of mind. If your energy is diverted in various directions, you do not achieve the results. I need to know when to switch on and switch off : and rest of the things happen around that. Cricket is in the foreground, the rest is in the background. …SACHIN TENDULKAR
57. There are fans of Twenty20 cricket, and we need to ensure that we give them the cricket they want to see. We need to keep test cricket alive, because there is a section who love and worship test cricket and have basically helped this game grow, and they are as important as anybody else. …RAHUL DRAVID
58. No matter how much cricket you have played you are always learning. …ALASTAIR COOK
59. Spirit of cricket is not about just the guidelines provided. …M.S.DHONI
60. My favourite sport’s is cricket and one of the key things in cricket is to know when to declare. …ANDREW NEIL
61. When you play cricket for India, you are always under the scanner. You are always judged by others; you have to live upto it all. …SOURAV GANGULY
62. IPL is pure sport. The glitz and glamour is just 15%. 85% is actually professional hard cricket. …SOURAV GANGULY
63. That happens on a cricket field. People have a go at each other. That’s fair, that’s fine. It’s called test cricket. It’s not a day in the park. …SOURAV GANGULY
64. No matter what, test cricket will survive. I have always said Twenty20 would be popular but there will be a place for test cricket. …SOURAV GANGULY
65. I was inspired by the way the Aussies played their cricket. It was no-holds barred. They played to win. …SOURAV GANGULY
66. Twenty20 is must for cricket. Without T20, cricket cannot survive. …SOURAV GANGULY
67. In my opinion test cricket is the best version of the game. It tests you mentally, physically and emotionally. …DALE STEYN
68. I think ‘A’ sides are extremely important, as close as you can get to International Cricket. You are often playing against Internationals from different countries and it definitely bridges the gap between our domestic games and international cricket. …DALE STEYN
69. Cricket has given me everything. If I am anything today, it is because of the game…. Where I have given blood, sweat and tears. ….MOHAMMAD AZHARUDDIN
70. To me, it doesn’t matter how good you are. Sport is all about playing and competing. Whatever you do in cricket and in sport, enjoy it, be positive and try to win. …IAN BOTHAM
71. Try and understand: cricket was played by commonwealth countries only; now it has started in other countries as well, and I am proud of that. …KAPIL DEV
72. Selectors can’t please everyone but I am OK if they are making for the benefit of Indian cricket. It’s an administrative decision to appoint Selection Committee, and I would like to let them do their job. …KAPIL DEV
73. West Indies and Pakistanis play one-day cricket so well because they play in English counties. …KAPID DEV
74. In domestic cricket – whether it is Ranji Trophy or other 1st class matches – in the first year, not many opponents will know about your game, but by the time you are into the third or fourth year, the opponents would have found out your strengths and weaknesses and they will work on it. …SHIKHAR DHAWAN
75. Cricket was a splendid chapter of my life; indeed, it made me what I am today. However, cricket alone isn’t the only flavour of life. Sometimes, indeed, we tend to take sports too seriously and life casually. …MOHAMMAD AZHARUDDIN
76. My point of view is that when I am playing cricket I cannot think that this game is less or more important. …SACHIN TENDULKAR
77. Honestly, direct monitary comparisons aren’t helpful. If you’re going to look at remuneration you have to be realistic about what revenue we’re bringing in for the organization and the sport. And as it currently stands, women’s cricket is still a cost to the business. …ELYSE PERRY
78. A lot has evolved and changed in women’s sport in the last ten years – particularly football and cricket. So, I think my timing, in terms of being able to play both for a while, was fortunate. …ELYSE PERRY
79. The cricket is about the respecting the opposition, the conditions and the circumstances. …JONATHAN AGNEW
80. There is no other job in major sport like a cricket captain. It is a huge job. …JONATHAN AGNEW
81. I don’t think cricket will ever have the same sort of money as football. …JONATHAN AGNEW
82. Test cricket might seem to be slow and ponderous at times, yet it is capable of conjuring great drama from nowhere. …JONATHAN AGNEW
83. For me, test cricket at its best is all about ebb and flow of initiative, and it’s always a fascinating moment of the match for me when one side snatches it from the other. …JONATHAN AGNEW
84. That is what test cricket is about, adapting to different conditions around the world. …JONATHAN AGNEW
85. Some people see life as a game of chase, while others prefer to see it as a game of cricket; but the longer I live the more I think of it as a game of consequences. …CRAIG BROWN
86. Nothing is easy in cricket. May be when you watch it on TV, it looks easy. But it is not. You have to use your brain and time the ball. ….ROHIT SHARMA
87. Two things in India are religion – one cricket, and one is movies – these are two things. …PREITY ZINTA
88. I was brought up to always see the glass half full instead of half empty and play my cricket that way. …A.B.de VILLIERS
89. Test cricket is the ultimate challenge. …AB.de VILLIERS
90. I admire Indian cricket because of the way the sport is run there and how the money they earn is invested back into the game and players….SHAHID AFRIDI
91. Pressure is the biggest single factor in test cricket. …NASSER HUSSAIN
92. We all know just bowling won’t do in modern international cricket, and we have to contribute with the bat and as a fielder too. …BHUVANESHWAR KUMAR
93. It’s all about doing the little things right. It doesn’t matter what form of cricket you are playing. Just keep things simple and you will succeed. ….BHUVANESHWAR KUMAR
94. People talk about cricket being an individual game but I really don’t agree; everything is done in a partnership. …STUART BROAD
95. I believe cricket is a harder game. If at age 6 you started both sports you’d excel at golf more. …BRIAN LARA
96. In white-ball cricket things are different – over there you, outsmart the batsman, and over here in test cricket, it is all about patience and consistency. …JASPRIT BUMRAH
97. I enjoy playing each and every format, but for me, test cricket is at the paramount level because I feel everything is tested at that level. ….JASPRIT BUMRAH
98. I think we judge talent wrong. What do we see as talent? I think I have made the same mistake myself. We judge talent by people’s ability to strike a cricket ball. The sweetness, the timing. That’s the only thing as talent. Things like determination, courage, discipline, temperament, these are also talent….RAHUL DRAVID
99. You are always under pressure, that is what life is about. That is what playing international cricket or being a professional sportsman is. …ALASTAIR COOK
100. That is one of the great things about test cricket, the ball. Sometimes it swings conventionally, sometimes it doesn’t and sometimes it reverses. ….ALASTAIR COOK
101. For me, what is important is, as leg spinner, you need determination, especially in modern-day cricket. You need to feel that you can change a game. …IMRAN TAHIR
102. Cricket is a team game. No individual can just say he can win it on his own. …INZAMAM-UL-HAQ
103. The difference between first class cricket and international cricket isn’t skill, it’s attitude and the way you go about things. …GLENN Mc.GRATH
Cricket is considered to be a gentleman’s sport. You might have found cricketing as well as life lessons from the above Cricket Quotes. Cricket provides sportsmanship without any dishonourable behavior.
Cricket may not be the most popular game in the world but very much liked and followed throughout the world.
Cricket is a good sport for developing our overall fitness, stamina and hand-eye coordination.
With the addition of new formats like One Day International, T20 and T10 in some places, cricket has become more competitive and more fun.
Present day cricketers play with different types of hard ball for different formats. They have to be physically very fit and agile and we see them using quality protective gear to avoid injury.
Cricket has achieved great popularity. The cricketers are celebrity and have a lot of fan following. We find the stadia are jam packed on the occasion of cricket match.
Now the cricket playing countries have increased in the world and have gone beyond the commonwealth countries.
At present cricket is a very popular sport in countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, UAE, England, Australia, New Zealand, West Indies, Zimbabwe and South Africa etc.
Young boys and girls are taking keen interest to become cricket player to represent their countries. There is a great opportunity for name, fame and money.
Also please read :
Sachin Tendulkar Quotes Hindi and English