Dear Friends !
Let us try to understand time through 101 quotations, my own few poems and 2 short stories taken from internet. I give full credit and thankful to the authors of these two short stories. Let me now place before you a short poem by me…
When was the time born?
Do you think the time will die any day?
This is certainly a mystery
A very big mystery.
We can make time our friend or foe
This is never a mystery
Let us utilize time well
We can create history.
or: #000000;”>…Ratikanta Singh
QUOTATIONS ON TIME :
- The two most powerful warriors are patience and time. …LEO TOLSTOY.
- Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. …CONFUCIUS.
- Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years. …AUSONIUS.
- A friend is what the heart needs all the time. …HENRY VAN DYKE.
- Life is all about having a good time. …MILEY CYRUS.
- Time is free, but it’s priceless. You can’t own it, but you can use it. You can’t keep it, but you can spend it. Once you’ve lost it you can never get it back. …HARVEY MACKAY.
- The trouble is, you think you have time. …BUDDHA.
- There’s only one thing more precious than our time and that’s who we spend it on. …LEO CHRISTOPHER.
- The greatest gift you give someone is your time because when you give your time, you are giving a portion of your life that you will never get back. …ANONYMOUS.
- You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it. …CHARLES BIXTON.
- We all make time for what we feel is important. …ANONYMOUS.
- Time is an illusion. …ALBERT EINSTEIN.
- Those who make the worst use of their time are the first to complain of its brevity. …JEAN De La BRUYERE.
- Time is a created thing. To say “I don’t have time,” is like saying, “I don’t want to.” …LAO TZU.
- Time takes it all, whether you want it or not. …STEPHEN KING.
- Time is the school in which we learn, time is the fire in which we burn. …DELMORE SCHWARTZ.
- Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely. …RODIN.
- If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of. …BRUCE LEE.
- Time is money. …BENJAMIN FRANKLIN (Advice to young tradesmen).
- Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. …WILLIAM PENN.
- It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time. …STEVE JOBS.
- Time is a great storyteller. …IRISH PROVERB.
- Time is like the wind, it lifts the light and leaves the heavy. …DOMENICO CIERI ESTRADA.
- They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. …ANDY WARHOL.
- It’s not that we have little time, but more that we waste a good deal of it. …SENECA.
- A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. …CHARLES DARWIN.
- Time is more value than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time. …JIM ROHN.
- Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted. …DENIS WAITLEY.
- The time is always right to do what is right. …MARTIN LUTHAR KING Jr.
- Time management is an oxymoron. Time is beyond our control. And the clock keeps ticking regardless of how we lead our lives. Priority management is the answer to maximizing the time we have. …JOHN C. MAXWELL.
- Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted. …JOHN LENON.
- Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin. …MOTHER TERESA.
- Time can be an ally or an enemy. What it becomes depends entirely upon you, your goals, and your determination to use every available minute. …ZIG ZIGLAR.
- Do not wait: the time will never be “just right”. Start where you stand, and work whatever tools you may have at your command and better tools will be found as you go along. …NAPOLEON HILL.
- We must use time as a tool, not as a couch. …JOHN F. KENNEDY.
- I recommend you to take of the minutes, for the hours will take care of themselves. …LORD CHESTERFIELD.
- I wish I could stand on a busy corner, hat in hand, and beg people to throw me all their wasted hours. …BERNARD BERENSON.
- You may delay, but time will not. …BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.
- Time is a circus, always packing up and moving away. …BEN HECHT.
- One thing you cannot recycle is wasted time. Lost time is never found again. …AUTHOR UNKNOWN.
- All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that. …BELTASAR GRACAN.
- Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a gift. That’s why it’s called the present. …BILKEANE.
- Time is precious. Make sure you spend it with the right people. …ANONYMOUS.
- Either you run the day or the day runs you. …JIM ROHN.
- For every minute you are angry, you lose 60 seconds of happiness. …ANONYMOUS.
- The way we spend our time defines who we are. …JONATHAN ESTRIN.
- If not now, when? …ANONYMOUS.
- Time slips away like grains of sand never to return again. …ROBIN SHARMA.
- I refuse to entertain negativity. Life is too big and time is too short to get caught up in empty drama. …ANONYMOUS.
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. STEVE JOBS.
- The bad news is time flies. The good news is you are the pilot. ….ANONYMOUS.
- Be selective with who you invest your time, wasted time is worse than wasted money. …ANONYMOUS.
- We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. …NELSON MANDELA.
- What you feel inside reflects on your face. So be happy and positive all the time. … SRIDEVI.
- The time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. …DOUGLAS COUPLAND.
- Tough times never last, but tough people do. …ROBERT H. SCHULLER.
- Anybody can become angry – that is easy, but to be angry with the right person and the right degree and at the right time and for the right purpose, and in the right way – that is not within everybody’s power and is not easy. …ARISTOTLE.
- No matter how busy you are, you must take time to make the other person feel important. MARY KAY ASH.
- Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity. …HIPPOCRATES.
- You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time. …ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
- Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world. …JOEL A. BARKER.
- Children should be able to live a life free from bullying and harassment and it is time that we all took a stand against this. …KATHERINE JENKINS.
- True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of pure love. No strings attached. No expectations. Time and love are the most valuable possession you can share. …SUZE OMAN.
- Life teaches you that you need to make decisions in the right time – not too early, not too late. …JEB BUSH.
- The time to repair the roof is when the Sun is shining. …JOHN F.KENNEDY.
- I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people. …MAHATMA GANDHI.
- A bad system will beat a good person every time. …W.EDWARDS DEMING.
- In order to succeed you must fail, so that you know what not to do the next time. …ANTHONY J. D’ ANGELO.
- Time will pass and seasons will come and go. …ROY BEAN.
- Time is too slow for those who wait, to swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity. …HENRY VAN DYKE.
- All great achievements require time. …MAYA ANGELOU.
- The time to be happy is now, and the place to be happy is here. …ROBERT GREEN INGERSOLL.
- Time flies never to be recalled. …VIRGIL.
- It has been my observations that most people get ahead during the time that others waste. …HENRY FORD.
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. …RALPH WALDO EMERSON.
- Time is long but life is short. …STEVIE WONDER.
- Dreams have only one owner at a time. That’s why dreamers are lonely. …EMA BOMBECK.
- There are no secrets that time does not reveal….JEAN RACINE.
- Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them. …WILL ROGERS.
- Time stays long enough for anyone who will use it. …LEONARDO DA VINCI.
- Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well. The youth will be delightful, old age will bring few regrets, and life will become a beautiful success. …LOUISA MAY ALCOTT.
- Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. …THEOPHRASTUN.
- If you aim at nothing, you’ll hit it every time. …ZIG ZIGLAR.
- Time well spent results in more money to spend, more money to save, and more time to vacation. …ZIG ZIGLAR.
- Friends are thieves of time. …FRANCIS BACON.
- Time is precious, but truth is more precious than time. …BENJAMIN DISRAELI.
- Time isn’t the main thing. It’s the only thing. …MILES DAVIS.
- Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still. …CHINESE PROVERB.
- Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty four hour days. ZIG ZIGLAR.
- It is not enough to be busy… The question is : what are we busy about. …HENRY DAVID THOREAU.
- Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday and avoiding today. …WAYNE DYER.
- If I had six hours to chop down a tree, I would spend the first four hours sharpening the axe. …ABRAHAM LINCOLN.
- One always has time enough if one will apply it well. …JOHANN WOLFANG VON GOETHE.
- Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow. …ANONYMOUS.
- Take rest; a field that has rested gives a beautiful crop. …OVID.
- Never leave till tomorrow which you can do today. …BENJAMIN FRANKLIN.
- The great dividing line between success and failure can be expressed in five words : “I did not have time”. …FRANKLIN FIELD.
- Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not. …STEPHEN KING, (The Green Mile).
- Time’s the thief of memory. …STEPHEN KING, (The Gunslinger).
100. If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. …BRUCE LEE.
101. No power on earth can stop an idea whose time has come. …Dr. MANMAHAN SINGH.
A POEM ON TIME
Time and tide wait for none
Time and tide feel for none
The day that is past
Is gone for ever
Just you cannot retrieve
At any cost and even with
Time – a day with 24 hours
And with 86400 seconds in it
A non-renewable resource
For rich as well as poor.
Don’t live as if
You have infinite amount of time
Don’t regret after
Wasting your valuable time.
There is time for everything
And everything has its time
Time – welcome it passionately
Time – invest it wisely.
Time management is life management
Guard time with utmost care
Don’t waste time yourself
Don’t allow others to steal it.
Each day that lived well
Adds up for a great life
Ask yourself ?
What life are you leading?
Is it the time to change?
If so ….
Today, this moment, take a Vow
Decide and commit to change your life
Anthony Robin’s Quote
“Your destiny is determined by your decisions”
Time and tide wait for none
Time and tide feel for none.
Story 1 (TAKEN FROM Internet):
VALUE OF YOUR TIME AND LIFE …… AN EYE OPENER STORY
We have limited time and our life is a gift of God. So it becomes our responsibility to utilize our time effectively and live life to the best. So you must value your time and life. Here is a short and inspirational story that will tell you to live your life in present and don’t just keep on accumulating wealth. It will be left here itself, since your time is limited.
There was a rich person living in a small town. All his life he kept on accumulating wealth and within 20 years, he had treasured enough money. He had enough money to buy the whole town, but he never helped anybody in life. He used to be very happy and proud about his bank balance. But he never used his money, he never tried to spend even a penny on his wishes, clothes or food. He spent all his life in accumulating wealth.
He was so much busy in earning money that he never realized that he had become old now. His whole life has passed away. He never enjoyed, celebrated and spent happy moments with this family.
One night, the Yamraj (Death of God) came.
Yamraj said – Your time is over. You have to come with me.
The man replied – But I have not lived my life. I was busy working. I need some time to use my wealth that I have accumulated over the years through hard working.
Yamraj said – No, I can’t give you any more time. It is limited and can’t be granted more than what is specified.
The man said – See, I have so much of wealth. I will give you half of my wealth. Will you give me one more year?
The Yamraj said – No, that is not possible
The man said – Ok, I will give you 80% of my wealth. Will you give me atleast a month?
The Yamraj said – No.
The man said – Ok, I will give you all my wealth, can I get one hour in return?
The Yamraj said – you can’t buy time with your wealth.
At last the man said – give me few mintues, I want to write a letter. You can accept it as my last wish.
The Yamraj agreed.
The man wrote a letter to the people of his town. In his letter he wrote –
Who so ever gets this letter should pass on my message to others. For whole of my life, I worked really hard to get rich. Today I have a huge amount of wealth. But today I could not even borrow a hour of my life with whole of my wealth. So I want to convey to all. Value your time and life. Live in present. It is good to work hard, but don’t forget to live your life. Wealth cannot buy you time in life. It cannot buy your past. Time that is lost will never come. Time is precious, don’t waste it. Life is a beautiful gift of God. Live it fully. Help others’
This is an eye opener story at least for me. So I thought why not to share it on my blog so that others can also read it and pass on the truth to the others as well. Hope you enjoyed it and got something out of it. Happy living.
Story 2 : (TAKENFROM INTERNET)
THE BANK OF TIME: INSPIRATIONAL STORY
Imagine there is a bank that credits your account each morning with $86,400.
It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day.
What would you do?
Draw out every cent, of course!!!
Each of us has such a bank. Its name is TIME.
Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no overdraft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day’s deposits, the loss is yours.
There is no going back. There is no drawing against the “tomorrow”. You must live in the present on today’s deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and success!
The clock is running. Make the most of today.
To realize the value of one year,
ask a student who has failed his final exam.
To realize the value of one month,
ask the parent of a premature baby.
To realize the value of one week,
ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.
To realize the value of one day,
ask a daily wage laborer who has a large family to feed.
To realize the value of one hour,
ask lovers who are waiting to meet.
To realize the value of one minute,
ask a person who has missed the train, the bus, or a plane.
To realize the value of one second,
ask a person who has survived an accident.
To realize the value of one millisecond,
ask the person who has won a silver medal at the Olympics.
Treasure every moment that you have! And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time. And remember that time waits for no one.
Now let us close the topic with a short poem written by me.
If we can utilize our time well
We can utilize our life well
We will face many hindrances and distractions
We have to be firm and disciplined to reach our life’s destinations.