|Full name||Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar|
|Born||24 April 1973 (age 45)
Bombay (now Mumbai), Maharashtra
|Nickname||God of Cricket, Little Master,Master Blaster|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (165 cm)|
|Bowling||Right-arm medium, leg break, off break|
|National side||· India (1989–2013)|
|Test debut (cap 187)||15 November 1989 v Pakistan|
|Last Test||14 November 2013 v West Indies|
|ODI debut (cap 74)||18 December 1989 v Pakistan|
|Last ODI||18 March 2012 v Pakistan|
|ODI shirt no.||10|
|Only T20I (cap 11)||1 December 2006 v South Africa|
|Domestic team information|
|1988||Cricket Club of India|
|2008–2013||Mumbai Indians (squad no. 10)|
|2014||Marylebone Cricket Club|
|Former Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha(nominated)|
|27 April 2012–26 April 2018|
|Source: ESPNcricinfo, 15 November 2013|
- There are two types of batsmen in the world. One, Sachin Tendulkar. Two, all the others. …ANDY FLOWER.
- I never get tired during umpiring whenever Sachin is at the crease. …RUDY KOERTZEN.
- There is no shame in losing to such a great player. …STEVE WAUGH.
- I see myself when I see Sachin batting. …SIR DONALD BRADMAN.
- I have seen God. He bats for India at number 4 in Tests. …MATHEW HAYDEN.
- You get him out and half the battle is won. …ARJUNA RANATUNGA.
- Tendulkar is to Cricket what Michael Jordan is to Basketball and Muhammad Ali is to Boxing. …BRIAN LARA.
- We did not lose to a team called India, we lost to a man called Sachin. …MARK TAYLOR.
- Sachin Tendulkar has often reminded me of a veteran army colonel who has many medals on his chest to show how he has conquered bowlers all over the world. …ALLAN DONALD.
- I am fortunate that I’ve to bowl at him only in the nets. …ANIL KUMBLE.
- Nothing bad can happen to us if we’re on a plane in India with Sachin Tendulkar in it. …HASHIM AMLA.
- Sachin Tendulkar has carried the burden of the nation for 21 years. It is time we carried him on our shoulders. …VIRAT KOHLI.
- I have delayed my shoots many times to watch Sachin bat. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
- When you play against Tendulkar, you almost want to see him get a few runs just to see him bat. …MARK WAUGH.
- I would like to thank you, Sachin, from the bottom of my heart for letting us breathe the same air as you do. …SHARUKH KHAN.
- He has been in form longer than some of our guys have been alive. …DANIEL VETTORI.
- You might pitch a ball on the off stump and think you have bowled a good ball and he walks across and hits it for two behind midwicket. His bat look so heavy but he just waves it around like it’s a tooth pick. …BRETT LEE.
- To Sachin, the man we all want to be. …ANDREW SYMONDS.
- He can play that leg glance with a walking stick also. …WAQAR YOUNIS.
- Tujhe pata hai tune kiska catch chhoda hai. …WASIM AKRAM to ABDUL RAZZAQ, when the letter dropped Tendulkar’s catch in 2003 World cup.
- I will be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. …SHANE WARNE.
- Test wicket is bloody hard work. Especially when you’ve got Sachin batting with what looks like a three-meter-wide bat. …MIKE HUSSEY.
- I did not see Don but to me, in all my years associated with the game, I haven’t seen a better batsman than Sachin Tendulkar. …SIR VIV RICHARDS.
- We have had champions. We have had legends. But we have never had another Sachin Tendulkar and we never will. …TIME MAGAZINE.
- I had to remind Gary Kristen often that he was in the covers to field against Sachin. Not to applaud him. …HANSIE CRONJE.
- Even if my grandchildren don’t remember the fact that I scored 10,000 runs in One Day and Test Cricket. They will surely talk about the fact that I was a teammate of Sachin Tendulkar. …RAHUL DRAVID.
- I want my son to be Sachin Tendulkar. …BRIAN LARA.
- I don’t think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. …SHANE WARNE.
- I think he is marvelous. I think he will fit in whatever category of cricket that has been played or will be played, from the first ball that has ever been bowled to the last ball that’s going to be. He can play in any era and at any level. I would say he is 99.5% perfect. …SIR VIVIAN RICHARDS.
- The only batsman I would love to see by paying for the tickets and sitting in the stand just to watch him is none other than Sachin Tendulkar. …BRIAN LARA.
- When we were growing up, we all used to watch Sachin. He was like God to us, he had that aura around him. …M.S.DHONI.
- In cricket, my super hero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero and will continue to remain so. …VIRAT KOHLI.
- Cricketers like Sachin come once in a lifetime and I am privileged he played in my time.. …WASIM AKRAM
- If Sachin bats well, India sleeps well. …HARSHA BHOGLE.
- Technically, you can’t fault Sachin. Seam or spin, fast or slow nothing is a problem. …GEOFFREY BOYCOTT.
- Sachin was so focused. He never looked like getting out. He was batting with single minded devotion. It was truly remarkable. It was a lesson. …MARTINA NAVRATILOVA.
- If I have to bowl to Sachin, I will bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard. …DENIS LILEE.
- The archives recall not one single incriminating incident, not one drunken as escapade, not one reported affair, not one spat with a team-mate or reporter…. Is he human? …MICHAEL ATHERTON.
- He is someone sent from up there to play cricket and go back. …RAVI SHASTRI.
- He is a perfectly balanced batsman and knows perfectly well when to attack and when to play defensive cricket. He has developed the ability to treat bowlers all over the world with contempt and can destroy any attack with utmost ease. …GREG CHAPPEL.
- The thing I like the most about Sachin is his intensity. After being in the game for so long, he is still has the same desire to do well for India in any international match. I tell you what, this man is a legend. …SAURAV GANGULY.
- The joy he brings to the millions of his countrymen, the grace with which he handles all the adulation and the expectations and his innate humility – all make for a one-in-a-billion individual. …GLEN McGRATH.
- When we used to play, we thought no one can break Sunil Gavaskar’s record. No one could think about 50 Test centuries at that time. This is certainly a big knock under the circumstances, better than the 200s and 300s ? …KAPIL DEV. (On Tendulkar’s 50th Test hundred).
- He exists where we can’t. …AJAY JADEJA.
- Sachin is most complete batsman I have ever seen. …RICKY PONTING.
- You can’t contain Sachin’s deeds in a statistical frame. He brings unstinted joy to the art of batting. To me, he best symbolizes the heights an individual can rise to dominate a team sport. Words can never capture the beauty of Sachin’s cricket. …KAPIL DEV.
- I saw him (Sachin) playing on television and was stuck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two… his compactness, technique, stroke production… it all seemed to gel. …SIR DONALD BRADMAN.
- He has defined cricket in his fabulous, impeccable manner. He is to batting what Shane Warne is to bowling….RICHIE BENAUD.
- India’s fortune will depend on how many runs the little champion scores. There is no doubt Tendulkar is thing. …SUNIL GAVASKAR.
- Sachin is a genius. I’m a mere mortal. …BRIAN LARA.
- Don’t bowl bad balls he hits the good ones for fours. …MICHAEL KASPROWICZ.
- The thing I admire most about this man is his poise. The way he moves, elegantly without ever looking out of place in any condition or company, suggests his pedigree. …BISHAN SINGH BEDI.
- Playing in the same team as Sachin is a huge honour. His balance of mind, shrewd judgement, modesty and, above all, his technical brilliance make him my all-time hero. You can’t get a more complete cricketer than Sachin. He has everything that a cricketer needs to have. …RAHUL DRAVID.
- You can never say that he is out of form. He is a volcano waiting to explore and we hope he doesn’t do that against us in the one-dayers. …DARYL TUFFFEY.
- Sachin is cricket’s God. …BARY RICHARDS.
- We have started calling him grandfather….YUVRAJ SINGH.
- I never coached Sachin Tendulkar, I gave him gentle advice when he asked for it. …JOHN WRIGHT.
- He continues to give more than 100 per cent and his school-boy like enthusiasm for the game is something I envy and admire. For the team he is the best available coaching manual. …M.S.DHONI.
- His humbleness and simplicity has helped him to achieve what others could not. His dedication is one of the main reasons for his achievements and he is role model to up and coming youngsters. In India, every youngster who is into school or college cricket wants to become a Sachin. …K.SRIKKANTH.
- Technically he stands out as the best because of his ability to increase the pace at will. …DAVID BOON.
- In terms of technique and compactness, Sachin Tendulkar is the best. …DESMOND HAYNES.