Amitabh Bachchan is a big name in the Indian Hindi film industry. Here are some Amitabh Bachchan Quotes.
He is a film actor, film producer, television host, former politician and occasional playback singer. He had to struggle a lot in the initial years to get a foothold in Bollywood.
Amitabh Bachchan first tasted success and popularity in the early 1970s for film like Zanjeer, Deewar, Sholay etc. During this period he was dubbed as India’s “Angry young man”, due to the types of roles that he played in Hindi movies.
Amitabh Bachchan is also referred as Shahenshah of Bollywood, greatest actor of the century (Sadi ka Mahanayak), Star of the Millennium and Big B.
Amitabh Bachchan has acted in more than 190 Indian movies over a period of almost five decades. He is regarded as one of the greatest and most influential actors in the history of Indian as well as world cinema.
Amitabh Bachchan had total dominance in the 1970s and 1980s and it prompted the French director Francois Truffaut to call him a ‘one-man industry’.
Amitabh Bachchan has worldwide fans. His films are very popular in Africa, Egypt, Soviet Union etc.
From Wikipedia let’s learn something more about Amitabh Bachchan….
Bachchan in November 2018
11 October 1942 (age 77)
|Angry Young Man, Shahenshah of Bollywood, Star of the Millennium, and Big B
|Sherwood College, Nainital
Kirori Mal College, Delhi University
|$400 million (2020)
|Jaya Bhaduri (m. 1973)
|See Bachchan family
|Dadasaheb Phalke Award (2019)
Padma Vibhushan (2015)
Padma Bhushan (2001)
01. Franky I’ve never really subscribed adjectives tagging me as an ‘icon’, ‘superstar’ etc. I have always thought of myself as an actor doing his job to the best of his ability. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
02. I have never really been confident about my career at any stage. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
03. I have never been a Superstar and never believed in it. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
04. Basically I am just another actor who loves his work and this thing about as only exists in the media. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
05. Everyone must accept that we will age and age is not always faltering. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
06. I don’t use any technique; I’m not trained to be an actor. I just enjoy working in films. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
07. The selected group of people who do make realistic cinema, who do make cinema perhaps a little more acceptable to the Western audience is a very small percentage. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
08. There are many things that I feel I have missed out on. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
09. Dearest TV media and vans outside my home, please do not stress and work so hard. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
10. I just lead my life as naturally as normally as I possibly can. But I can’t help if controversy is hounding me day in and day out. I am quite amazed sometimes by the way they go about it. I grow a beard and it lends up in the editorial in the Times of India. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
11. No one is perfect, and criticism is always welcome and expected. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
12. People are fed up with seeing the same thing over and over. They want a qualitative change. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
13. Because you are women, people will force their thinking on you, their boundaries on you. They will tell you how to dress, how to behave, who you can meet and where you can go. Don’t live in the shadows of people’s judgment. Make your own choice in the light of your own wisdom. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
14. When I wrote my first blog, I got one response. Now, I sometimes get as many as 400 responses for my posts. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
15. Life is a blur when one is essaying different roles; it so fulfilling. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
16. Change is the nature of life. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
17. As a professional I cannot afford to be complacent. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
18. I would like to believe that tomorrow is another challenge for me. I am sure there are lots more for me to do because there are lots and lots of stuff still to be explored. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
19. Everybody wants to live. But sometimes the body just gives up. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
20. I would rather be an aware citizen, and if an opportunity were to arise where I would have to make a statement, I would happily do that. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
21. It’s a war zone, my body, and one which has been through a great deal. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
22. There are many things that I feel I have missed out on. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
23. I like to feel the butterflies in the stomach, I like to go home and have a restless night and wonder how I’m going to be able to accomplish this feat , get jittery. That hunger and those butterflies in the stomach are very essential for all creative people. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
24. I am insecure about tomorrow. Will I get another job? Will it be appreciated? I will pursue acting for as long as I have a face and body that is acceptable to the people, but I still worry that if I don’t do better tomorrow, it will all go away. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
25. I don’t have anything in particular to achieve. I don’t want to go any particular direction. I just want to take up the challenges of life as we go along. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
26. I am very thankful to directors and film makers who consider me in their films, and I hope I am able to do justice to their films. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
27. Audience change because life changes. Countries change geographically, climatically, socially and morally. Many things happen, and cinema, in a sense, reflects what is happening in the world. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
28. I get up in the morning, have a job to do, go there, come home, be with the family that’s it. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
29. I would rather talk to a face than a camera. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
30. My father is a poet. He is a literary giant of this country- writes in Hindi- and also quite unique because he has a Ph. D in English literature. He taught at Harvard University, which is one of the most prominent Universities in the world…AMITABH BACHCHAN.
31. I want to perform and be tested, I want the vibrant energy of the younger generation of directors and actors to rub off on me. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
32. The amount of things I have been through and the remarkable ways in which the body has reacted is just phenomenal. No wonder I became religious, because you don’t know why something is happening to you and you don’t know how you bounced back. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
33. When Shah Rukh stated, “Bhutnath…. Will be among the top three hits of the year”, I told him, “Aapke moonh mein dudh, ghee, shakkar sab !” …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
34. It’s nothing really. It’s the unique presentation that makes me look good in action scenes. Why did I dare do them? That’s funny question! Why do I act? Why do I breathe! …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
35. In my childhood I was obsessed with cameras but could not afford one. After much persuasion my father Harivansh Rai Bachchan bought me a box camera which I treasured for years. Initially I clicked trees and nature and as I grew up started noticing prettier things – motor bike, sleek cars and cool girls. But the hamartia of life is when you desire something you can’t afford it and when you are able to afford it you are too old to use it. Now I don’t need all gadgets but its satisfying to know that at least I can afford them. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
36. The best part about being a super star is that you can wear the most outrageous of clothes and they say ‘it’s in!’ …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
37. I some time lament the fact that I don’t have the benefit of a complete and ailment free body structure. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
38. I believe that cinema picks up ideas from society and not the other way round. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
39. Indian actors, because of the format of our stories, need to be good actors, and be able to perform emotional sequences, do a bit of comedy, dance and singing, action because all this forms just one film. In many ways I would say there are greater demands on Indian actors than there are on Hollywood. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
40. People are fed up with seeing the same thing over and over. They want a qualitative change. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
41. I don’t know how others think about me, but if I have to walk the street, I will, and if I need to stand in queue at the Airport, that’s OK. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
42. There are a large number of people in India below poverty line, there are large numbers of people who lead a meager existence. They want to find a little escape from the hardships of life, and come and watch something colorful and exciting and musical. Indian cinema provides that. So yes, the content of our television and our cinema is escapist in nature because we are there to provide entertainment. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
43. We play many emotions in our careers, emotions in real life we would perform just once. For example my character has died in about 10 films, so you have to keep searching for different ways to do it. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
44. I went into politics on an emotional level and soon realized that emotion has nothing to do with politics. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
45. The film industry is large enough and has many successful icons that have taken Indian cinema to shores beyond India. I think that Indian cinema itself needs to be applauded beyond one individual. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
46. My mother came from a very affluent back ground, very westernized, while my father was more eastern. So I have had a very good blend of the East and the West. I guess this has been extremely helpful in making my career and the way I function. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
47. Ram Gopal Verma is a most noteworthy talent and has given us some very valuable iconic films. I enjoy working with him. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
48. I sometimes feel that I have been born to attract controversy. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
49. It’s a huge change from when I started in the 1960s, but what is really impressive is that the number of ladies on set, the women working on set is a huge percentage. There used to be no women. It was just the leading lady’s mother, perhaps the hairdresser and the makeup person. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
50. I know I should have never got into politics. And I’ve learned my lesson. No more politics. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
51. Our stories are very social-based, very human-based. We are a very emotional nation. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
52. I have accepted that I was a failure in politics. I was not qualified for the job. …AMITABH BACHCHAN.
53. People ask me why it is that when I portray the ‘angry young man’ on screen, I really look angry. They reason that it is due to some suppression in my childhood. But, it’s just that I can’t help it; it’s in my genes…AMITABH BACHCHAN.
FEW LESSER KNOWN FACTS ABOUT AMITABH BACHCHAN :
- Amitabh Bachchan’s real surname is Srivastava, he replaced it with Bachchan which was his father’s pen name.
- Amitabh Bachchan has played more double roles than any other actor.
- He wanted to become an engineer and wanted to join Indian Air Force to serve the country.
- It is learned that he started his film career by lending his voice in a Mrinal Sen’s film Bhuban Shome in 1969. His voice was again utilized for the film Shatranj ke Khiladi directed by Satyajit Ray.
- Zanjeer was a big hit of Amitabh Bachchan and it brought the turning point in his mega career.
- His only black and white film is Saat Hindustani.
- Amitabh Bachchan can write in both hands easily.
- He had twelve consecutive flop films before his first super hit film Zanjeer.
- He was the first Asian actor to have a wax model displayed at Madame Tussaud’s museum in London.
- Amitabh played the role of a son to his real son Abhishek Bachchan in film Paa.
11. He has passion for collecting watches.
12. He loves to visit London and Switzerland.
13. At the opening of Planet Hollywood, Bruce Willis said that Mr. Bachchan bigger than any Hollywood star.
14. He was voted ‘Star of the Millenium’ by BBC on line. He was very much above legends like Lawrence Oliver, Charlie Chaplin and Marlon Brando.
15. He made an appearance in Hollywood film, Bezluhurmann’s The Great Gatsby (2013), in which he played a non-Indian jewish character, Meyer Wolfshem.
AWARDS AND ACCOLADES :
- Dadasahab Falke award in the year -2019
- Padma Shri – 1984
- Padma Bhusan – 2001
- Padma Vibhusan – 2015
- The Govt. of France honoured him with its highest civilian owner, knight of the Legion honour in 2007, for his exceptional career in the world of cinema and beyond.
OTHER AWARDS :
- Four National awards as Best Actor
- Won 15 Filmfare Awards
- He is the most nominated performer in any major acting category at Filmfare. Over all 41 times he was nominated.
- He hosted very popular games show Kaun Banega Corepati (Indian version of the game show who wants to be a Billionaire?
Amitabh Bachchan, even at this stage and age continues to be one of the busiest actors in Bollywood as well as on TV. He is also one of the busiest actors in the advertising world.
He has proved himself to be a role-model for new actors. He has become an institution by himself. He has played all types of roles in his entire career. He is a real entertainer and continues to entertain even today…..
Also please read :
Sharukh Khan quotes in Hindi